Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@sticky-feet - yep! looking forward to reading embrace. I bet maganda talaga. :dance:

Gone Series? hmm.. its about a world where all 15 years old and above just poofed. So lahat sila puro bata. Tapos yung ibang kids, may powers. Haha, you wouldn't believe all the politics sa book na to (normals vs freaks daw) tapos super ang daming adventure. And may konting love part kahit ang babata pa talaga. While reading the series, I really can't help imagining life w/o grown ups.:)

Goddess of Spring by P.C. Cast TBR'd! Mukang interesting nga..

Ok naman yung The Chase. Hindi lang sya ganun ka super ganda like book 1 :noidea:. yep, read it first.

I agree! mas ok na wala muna masyadong maganda. At least now nababasa ko yung mga matagal nang nasa list ko. :lol:

@maysapaw - awww super sad naman. Sana maayos mo po ulet collection mo.. Parating nangyayari sakin yan dati (yung kailangan magreformat) kaya i know how frustrating it is. Tapos ngayon super paranoid na ko kaya lahat ng books ay nasa mediafire,usb at memory card na.
BTW, i'm currently reading Welcome to temptation. Umpisa palang, naiintriga na ko.. ang uptight ni Sophie. I wonder how they'll get along? hmm...

:hello: mabuhay madlang peepz :dance:

aun, first :welcome: sa mga newbies :dance: as i olwaiz say enjoi enjoi sa thread...

@diokdin, how are you feeling? hope you are fine na...

@maysapaw, i feel for what happened sa pc mo :weep: Tip lang po sa drives sa pc... why don't you try to partition yun disk mo (if single lang hard disk mo), pagka nakapartition kze yun, magiging 2 storage mo, magkakaron ka ng extra drive na when the time comes na need mo iformat yun c: lang ang mafoformat mo.... :) and of course a little backup ng files sa USB or DVD's once in a while won't hurt ;) db yche?

I'm currently reading BlackDagger Brotherhood series... and now i'm halfway in Zsadist and Bella's story.... spoiler I'm saddened that Zsadist had to endure the things that was done to him nun naging slave siya... I wanted to comfort him whenever maalala nya yun past niya as a slave... my heart bled when he was in the shower rocking and rubbing his wrist and saying that he's dirty /end of spoiler

And what is it in Bella that guys fight over her?:upset: Sa Twilight Edward and Jacob fight over Bella... and now in BDB the Twins fight over Bella din... hay.....:lol:

@zelle yup. me romance yung Fire pero hindi nkfocus story dun. More on action adventure 'to. Entertaining siya. Hindi nasasayang time mo. But you'll learn more about the seven kingdoms, specifically yung land beyond the seven kingdoms. namention 'to ni Po s Graceling. yung me mga monsters daw.

Anyway, nkhanap din ako nung Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer ni John Grisham. Masyadong youngish to me. hehe but you'll learn a lot about criminal procedure and other court processes. Simple lang kasi language n ginamit ni JG. I'm interested kasi for my nephew. I'm trying to wrestle him away from video games and get him interested with reading instead.

@sticky Kamukha nga ni Annasophia Robb yung cover. Love this kid sooo pretty and she can act too. Dun ko siya unang nakita sa Bridge to Terabithia. I can also see her as Clarity if ever n maging movie to.

@yche ty sa update. I'm desperately waiting for Dead Reckoning (Sookie 11), We'll Always Have Summer and Chain Reaction.

Sookie and Eric never did have that talk. sana dito n sa book 11.

@diokdin hope magaling k n. there's a nasty flu going around.

I'm still on JG. I've neglected him these past years. Nag-stop ako sa kanya nung sa general fic na siya. Nag-hiatus siya from legal thrillers for a while. I'm now making up for lost time. lol Currently reading The Associate. As I read, I remembered na nabasa ko siya but hindi ko na matandaan details so I'm reading it again. next read yung The Appeal.

After this, Demonica series na. :) pero parang hindi yata appropriate for Holy Week. :pray:

Last edited:

Hello guys and gals!

Been lurking since last week and I did try some of your recommendations. Gee, you guys are great! So please keep 'em coming. :beat:

I have like more than fifty ebooks now freshly dl'd from this forum and I don't know what to read first. Genres: Suspense and Romance :)

On topic: Sidney Sheldon's After the Darkness by Tilla Bagshawe is a good read but there are scenes that might remind you of If Tomorrow Comes.. inter alia, prisonbreak, revenge plot.

Don't Blink by James Patterson is also great. You might want to try. ;)

Last edited:

Hay, ang tagal ko na naman nawala sa thread na ito.

Can't read as often as I could. Nasira laptop ko. I'm currently borrowing my stepfather's laptop pero 'pag nanunuod lang ako ng series. Basta next month I'll catch up on my reading.

Sino na ba ang nakabasa ng Wild Child by Mike Wells? Maganda ba siya?

@momma - yep! i burn my files to dvd din pero mostly, movies.:)

@mohcandy - welcome po. Kulang pa yung list eh, ang dami ko pa nakita. Maybe later post ko yung ibang upcoming books.:)

@Ayaness - hello! :welcome: Nakakatuwa naman may mga nagbabasa pala talaga nitong thread. Very helpful thread diba? Enjoy lang po. ;)

-------------------------

Natapos ko yung Welcome to Temptation the other day, and yeah.. maganda. Mejo nakakafrustrate lang yung mga tao sa paligid nila and nawindang ako kung sino ba talaga culprit pero its all part of the book's charm. Fan na talaga ako ni Jennifer Crusie.

Then last night, i read How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks. Such a hilarious novel. Light read. Nakakatawa yung story spoiler natanggal yung fang ni hero while trying out a new invention ( a sexy toy with tubes to resemble a real human) :lol:.. tapos shempre kelangan nya ng dentist.. eh si dentist naman takot sa dugo. Mejo pinaghalong traditional vampires and modern day vamps to so while takot parin sila sa crucifix, sunlight, stakes and may coffins pa... they run naman a really high tech company. /end of spoiler. I never imagined na magugustuhan ko yung story.. pero after reading the first one, gusto ko na basahin yung next books. :dance: Mejo mababaw lang yung plot pero nakakatawa kasi talaga. I like it and maybe i'll give it 4 stars.

So if you wanna laugh .. read Love at Stake Series by Kerrelyn Sparks. I saw din sa mga reviews na it gets better starting on the 3rd book. O.C lang talaga ako kaya i had to start from the first book. Anyway.. it's worth the time and effort. :thumbsup:

halllowwwww :D

tahimik yata ngaun dito sa thread? Busy sa summer vacation? ;)

@ayaness :welcome: sa thread :dance: enjoi

stopped reading BDB after i finished Zsadist and Bella's story, basta love ko na si Zsadist :wub: kze willing siya na magbago for the better para kay Bella :thumbsup:

Saw the Beastly trailer on TV... and I got curious, cute ni Beast (nun hindi pa siya "beast" and I think siya din si Number 4?) so I started reading the book... I'm halfway na sa book... It's a Beauty and the Beast with a modern twist story... and natuwa ako dun sa chatroom churvaness... I keep on guessing kung anong character ang pinortray nung mga chatter... heheheh... tska na lang rating after I finish the book...

Hello again! :yipee:

@yche09, @momma - Thanks! Really enjoyed this thread.
Up until now 'di pa ako tapos mag-backread so I'm not sure if someone have already recommended books from Julia London? I love her American Diva.

Sige, back to lurk mode. ;)

hi guys. :p

any chance uv heard the books dubbed as "harry potter's lil sister"? i forgot the title kc i've just seen it this morning in a french news channel. popular na daw xa in europe. the title is oksa something. i forgot the apilyedo.

@ayaness, nabasa q ung if tomorrow comes. ganda! especially the part when she was in prison.

Hi Guys!!Been visiting this thread for awhile now and read some of your recos..
btw..just want to share some of mine..
well just new to the ebook reading world so I haven't read a lot yet..
Millenium trilogy by Stieg Larrson
Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
Percy Jackson series
Uglies Series

for girls might want to try Where I belong by Gwendolyn Heasley..
Happy Reading..

>>> Tagal go rin hindi naka dalaw :hi:

>>> Still reading mga Novels ni Judith McNaught, I'm currently reading A Kingdom of Dreams, hindi ko pa pala to nabasa :lol:, akala ko natapos ko na lahat ng Westmoreland Series ni Judith McNaught, Siyempre maganda to! Historical Romance din :giggle:

@ayaness and iamayeesha :hi: Yeyeh! May kasama na akong gusto ang If Tomorrow Comes ni Sidney Sheldon

@Boynxtdor2 :welcome:

>>> Sa mga Bago at samg luma, still Recommending NIGHTWALKER SERIES By JACQUELYN FRANK :excited:

Tagal ko na rin pong di nakadalaw and I can't believe it, I am on page 58, i have to restart rereading just to keep up with the recommendations.

Share ko lang, I finally got to read The Hunger Games trilogy and I liked it. I liked it that I kept reading and reading until I finished it. I'm a fan of Survivor din kasi so i see the parallelism(meron bang ganung term?)

I'm curious about PC Cast - Divine and Goddess series are they any good?
Downloaded KC's IAD and will start on that next... soon.

For a breather... I read Sweet Valley Confidential... I felt nostalgic and all but I just didn't like the overall feel of it. It just made me sad, as in first part pa lang I wanted to drop the book and shake the author. Anyone felt the same or otherwise? Nadiscuss na ba siya? Panahon niyo ba din ang SVH?

Hello mga peeps! :D (sticky-feet, yche, momma, mohcandy, zelle, maysapaw etc, etc) I'm getting better. I still have some cough left but it is much better than it was before. I got pnuemonia kasi sabi ng doctor ko. Anyways, I'm still alive. Thank God! LOL :lol: Now I think I pass my sickness to my mom and hubby. :slap: But theirs are not as bad as what I had though, so that's good.

To all newbie's on this thread, (makulitz, Ayaness, boy, iamayeesha, Jmskii etc) :welcome: :welcome:

@maysapaw, awww sucks! I feel for you... I hate that when it happens. I know madodownload mo naman dito again yung mga books but damn!! The time and effort to download it again sucks. But I think you have an External HD right? that you put your ebooks for back up? So not all was lost?!? *crosses my fingers*

@sticky-feet, Babe in Boyland kinda reminded me of the movie during the 80's. Just one of the Boys, I think the title. Journalist din yung babae and she went to a different school to write an article. She already has an older boyfriend but she fell in love with the guy there in school.

And to all who read the reco of maysapaw LH's books maganda talaga cya. I second that reco. LOL super nakakatawa. :)

@charmedjess, mas maganda yung ibang historical ni JMc keysa Kingdom of Dreams nya though okay na din yan as compared to her newer book.

@momma, nakaka inlove si Zsadist anoh? Sa lahat na Brothers cya ang gusto ko. Tapos si Rhage at yung king. I like Butch din.

I'm currently reading Lover's Unleashed (Manny and Payne's story), what can I say. Ang daming background story na parang 20% lang ang meyron for Manny and Payne. I think their story can be done in 5 chapters. Mostly are story of Vishous and Jane's marital difficulties.

I'm also done reading A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford, all I can say for this book is WTH? It started with something missing, very slow. Then it started to pick up a little then it ended just like that?!? What gives? [spolier] All that effort Gabriel did in order for Az not to fall and he end up falling instead of Az? That's just F*CK!!! And Az not caring of Gabe when Gabe was with him all the time to help him not become a Fallen. I think it (th cliffhang) was just created just so reader will want to know what's next....I really wonder what the author is going with this story. It's like she doesn't have a direction. The Touch of the story is not even explained/elaborate why that is. [/end of spoiler] This story needs a whole lot of editing and re-reading of the author to make it readable for the mass people. It's weird nowadays where you get a book that is half bake and not publishable but it is still out in the market.

@mohcandy, I'm also breathlessly awaiting Dead Reckoning, kasi yung Dead in the Family is so short yung story sobrang bitin at wala namang usapan doon nila Eric and Sookie eh... I want more Eric and Sookie moments....

@yche, I agree sa sinabi mo about Love at Stake Series by Kerrelyn Sparks. (I second this reco) Very light read cya and very funny din. Yung short story eh super babaw. It's okay to skip it if hindi ka OC like us. And all the other books next are a good read naman. :)

Last edited:

@diokdinThank God, you're fine now. just take vit c 1000mg daily. I can personally say that it really boosts the immune system. Now I'm not as prone to illness as before.

Sana.. sana nga sa next book Magkaron na ng Sookie and Eric moments. I've been looking forward to their talk in the previous two books pero wala. Bitin talaga.

@Charmedjess I've read Sheldon's If Tomorrow Comes 3rd yr HS ata. I no longer remember the details but I loved it. I think ur whole class read it due to our classmates' reco.
Pero mas love ko yung Rage of Angels niya. Come to think of it, there started my love for legal thrillers.

@ myslaguitao I loved the SVH series in HS. I dl'd the SV Confedential. But did not read it. I figured I like them already as I remembered them in HS. I was afraid baka hindi ko sila magustuhan as adults. After reading your post, I'm glad I did not read it.

I'm about to start Wraith's story. After reading Hellboy and Shade's stories, I can't wait for Wraith's. Larissa writes really well. I can almost believe that such demons do exist. Lalo na for those of us who grew up hearing stories about dwendes and capris and other pinoy supernatural beings. But her demons are not scary, instead they're hot sex demons (with morals and conscience.hehe)Too bad they can't mate with humans.

@diokdinThank God, you're fine now.:excited: just take vit c 1000mg daily. I can personally say that it really boosts the immune system. Now I'm not as prone to illness as before.

Sana.. sana nga sa next book Magkaron na ng Sookie and Eric moments. I've been looking forward to their talk in the previous two books pero wala. Bitin talaga.

@Charmedjess I've read Sheldon's If Tomorrow Comes 3rd yr HS ata. I no longer remember the details but I loved it. I think our whole class had read it due to our classmates' reco.
Pero mas love ko yung Rage of Angels niya. Come to think of it, there started my love for legal thrillers.

@ myslaguitao I loved the SVH series in HS. I dl'd the SV Confedential. But did not read it. I figured I like them already as I remembered them in HS. I was afraid baka hindi ko sila magustuhan as adults. After reading your post, I'm glad I did not read it.

Currently reading the Demonica series by Larissa Ione. I'm about to start Wraith's story. After reading Hellboy (I grin every time Tay called Eidolon this) and Shade's stories, I can't wait for Wraith's. Larissa writes really well. I can almost believe that such demons do exist. Lalo na for those of us who grew up hearing stories about dwendes and capris and other pinoy supernatural beings. But her demons are not scary, instead they're hot sex demons (with morals and conscience.hehe)Too bad they can't mate with humans. I love the series already. Thanks sa nag-reco. I also recommended it to my friend and fellow bookworm sa office. She's now looking for a copy. Ayaw niya kasi ebook. The glare hurts her eyes daw.:weep:

@momma - I loved beastly (the book).. ang cute ng plot nun tapos uhm, shempre before reading it, nakita ko na kasi yung trailer ng movie so ang naiimagine ko na ay si papa alex . Tomorrow pa showing yung movie and i doubt kung maka first in line ba ako.. since its holy week and all. Pero i'm definitely going to watch it.

@iamayeesha - uy hello! anong book yun? nakaka intriga naman.. i wanna read it.....

@myslaguitao - matagal ko nang inaantay na merong mag comment about that book (sweet valley confidential).. hmm, naumpisahan ko naman... ayun.. hanggang umpisa lang ako :lol: sorry sa super fans ha.. pero hindi ko na eto nagustuhan.. unlike sa past books ng SV. Maybe because i've read sooo many hard to top books. Or maybe i should have read the whole book? hmm :noidea:

@diokdin - pagaling parin po! rest rest rest :)

---------------------------------

ohkayyyy... I have a serious proposition..... To those who loved IAD, GH, DEMONICA, LOTU SERIES...LETS ALL READ LOVE AT STAKE SERIES by Kerrelyn Sparks!!! pleeeeaaasseee i know some of us have read this series already but for those who haven't.... uhhhh, lets read it!

I finished books 2 and 3 already. Some comments:

Book 2 ( Vamps in the City) - as light hearted as the first novel. Funny and very modernized plot which makes it cute. Nice twist. spoiler pwede pala machange back into humans ang mga vamps /end of spoiler

Book 3 (Be still my Vampire Heart) - this is where the series gets better. Fans of IAD, we love scots right? well.. we'll all love Angus here! together with the kilt and his sporran! This novel starts just like the first two books.. very funny and sexy at the same time.. and then it goes in depth and gets filled with action (but the funny side remains ha) . I'm quite sure you'll all love Angus.

currently reading the fourth book.. The Undead Next Door .. i love how bizarre the characters are. I mean, their professions proves to be hmm.. really really interesting.

Last edited:

@diokdin
Hope you feel better soon! Rest lang muna :)

@myslaguitao
I loved the Hunger Games trilogy as well! Read it like 3-5 times na. Hahaha. Haven't read the Goddess series yet pero I think it will be interesting dahil may mythology themes daw.

Has anyone read Good Omens by Neil Gaiman? A friend lent me her book and I'm just starting to read it... :)

@yche i don't think the book improves even if you finish it. classic happy ending but it's really a letdown for me (sana di ako mabato ng fans ng book). I hated the plot mostly and the development of the other characters was just plain weird from the people i adored in highschool. Though I guess it shows that you change from highschool but then...it's just a feeling of dissatisfaction from what I am used to.

@decadence, yay! someone who liked hunger games too. I love Peeta's character and of course the very strong character of Katniss.

@mohcandy one question, who do you like more liz or jessica? kasi nightmare ni liz yung plot nung book eh.

@diokdin, nice to know that you're ok na...:dance: true true, nakakainlove si Zsadist, fafalicious siya for me... kze even he's exuding cruelty, deep down he's such a nice guy... :wub:

@yche, true na maganda yun Beastly, I give it 5/5 feel good book siya... magaling si Alex Finn he made me hate Kyle, dun sa first part ng book(hate those kind of people who think na they are above other people just bcoz they are good looking :rant:) and I'm going to watch the movie din :excited:

Just finished reading Lover Revealed, I love Butch and Marissa tandem, but I hate na maraming part yun tungkol kay Dean and Mr. X... yup essential sila sa story, pero i feel like masyado naging paligoy-ligoy yun story coz of them....

heya peeps! :D 'been a while...

@yche09 whoops! i thought story ni Paris muna...oh well, looks like i'll enjoy Strider's story din naman...

ooookay...Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices are officially dropped...like waaaay down my TBR...haha!

aww, i know the feeling...work can really get in the way of reading talaga...hope that wont be the case w/ you...:)

p.s : i think i got over my "judge the book by the shiny-pretty-hot-cute-beautiful-whatever-nice-things cover" .... now i have a new problem (dunno if it really is a problem).. im kinda judging the book now by it's ratings on the web. Errr.. uhm, yeah, sometimes its super unreasonable to jump in and judge the book right away by the stars/ratings especially when the books aren't even out yet (rating based on people who got ARC).. but oh boy, i'm doing exactly that. Hmmmm... i have to get over this one too, or i'll miss out a lot.. (e.g .. i put off reading maybe this time because it has lower ratings than the other books)

hooo, girl that can be troublesome, i tell you...i've read books that i super liked despite the low ratings...so i dont rely on those reviews much...if i like the plot, i read it talaga, then if i decide its not worth reading, i stop, rather than making myself like a book when i really dont just because of the high ratings...:), i just scroll through the comments like really fast, just to get a look on what to expect, then that's it,..haha...

but, i have a problem myself...haha...
when im reeeaaally curious about what happens at the end of the book,...i uhm tend to skip to the end, or if its a series, i start to read the next book...then as a result, i lose the interest to read the rest of it...ugh, i dunno why i keep doing this, even though i know it'll ruin my reading experience...:kainis: that's what happened w/ Gone Series, i didnt even finish the 1st book, i was really curious kasi why all the adults just disappeared...ugh, kainis talaga..

guess we all have our own quirks and probs when reading..:lol:

@sticky-feet on the Thai movie - haha, i thought you gave up on it...:lol: whew, glad you liked it anyways...i also love that part, reminded me of my friends...but im such a romantic i loved the part where the guy's feelings were revealed more...:D, the one w/ the scrap book...haha...napa-aaawww ako sa part na yun...

yup Babe in Boyland is very Hana Kimi, hmmm i miss this series, ma re-watch nga...:lol:

@Jmskii hiiii, :hi: i havent read Diary of a Wimpy Kid Series, though i watched the movie...kinda hilarious...

and i've also read The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, i looooove this one...really nice concept of heaven dont you think?

@maysapaw ay sorry to hear that...yup, good thing you can still re-dl, but dang, :punchlol: its hard to re-build a library din ha...but kaya mo yan! go girl! okay imma back-up my lib na din...

@momma yay! yay! love Zsadist din! and Rhage!

@mohcandy about Fire - okie, thanks for the feedback, hmm i think i'll wait for the next book nalang din, Bitterblue i think yung title, para mas ma-immerse ako sa world nila...bahala na...:lol:

@Ayaness hiii, :welcome: gee, havent read any of your mentioned books...though i've read one James Patterson novel Sundays at Tiffany's, i liked this one, and his Max Ride series is still on my TBR...:pacute:

@iamayeesha hi din!..:welcome: hmmm im intruiged, that's the 1st time ive heard of the "harry potter's lil sister" thingy...sige i'll try to look for that...:lol:

@diokdin hi ya! good to to hear you're up & about again...though too bad for your mom and hubby, hope they'll get well soon also...:)

okay i wont be reading A Touch Mortal...haha...

@myslaguitao @decadence sali ako sa HG discussion nyo ha...i suuuuper love the series din talaga...this started my addiction to the whole dystopian YA genre...:lol: though im kinda not satisfied with Gale's ending...[spoiler!] sana may last conversation man lang sila ni Katniss...para kasing bitin...i didnt like na parang may falling-out between them, i mean im all for Peeta, pero sana the author established that Gale & Katniss still ended up as friends...hay, :kainis:[end of spoiler!]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom