Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Cherry Mobile W900 Review

jamkulit29

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
So heres the review of Cherry Mobile W900 The Dragon Phone

I have mine now for four days. SO far its performing good

Screen:
The screen is really good. You can view pictures and videos well. The only drawback is when using it outside(other phones are also like this). The screen is also pretty large enough for internet, video streming and texting.

Camera:
The phone has two cameras 5mp rear and VGA front. The back camera is good even without flash durin daytime or in properly lit areas. But using it in din areas isnt good enough. But still you can use night mode to make it better. Theres nothing I can say about the VGA camera which is also performing good, it's better to have this than nothing.

Connections:
Both Wi-Fi and 3G works well. While using them I render pages quickly. Even watching long videos in youtube is fast.

Ports:
The way they designed the hedset port isnt so good. Most of the time you will find yourself pushing the headset because its quite loose. On the other hand both the usb port and headset port are still good as they have protection flaps.

Battery:
Battery is the major drawback here. With heavy texts it would only last 18 hours while for straight internet usage plus downloads in Playstore you would only get 5-6 hours. I suggest you get two batteries. But it's still good because my cousins galaxy s2 only last 6 hours on heavy texting as this one have 18 hours.

Conclusion and Performance:
This phone performs well especially for people like me who is not "maarte" in phones. I do not regret at all in buying this phone knowing that the brand isnt so reliable. One thing that also pushed me to buy this is because it is made and manufactured in Korea(SK-S150 is the original model). Overall the phone is good including its designs.

:yipee::excited::clap::beat::dance::lol::rofl::thumbsup::salute::lmao:

magkano yan?sabi ng ate mdali daw madira ang cherry mobile.

Got mine also.. Performance wise, very nice.. Actually everything is working fine and perfect... like you said the drawback is the battery life. i used to charge twice a day.. but overall its pretty good for my 6K worth of money... :)

just want to know if anyone try to ROOT this W900? or is it rootable?

Yes I already rooted the W900 if you want to know how just ask me...

sa mga naghahanap ng Root ng W900 sana po makatulong

ito po ang procedure pra ma root nyo po ang W900:

Download first:
http://www.mediafire.com/?60fg4wa9crah0tr

1. unrar W900 driver.rar
2. goto folder SK-S150 - Driver USB Install SK-S150 Drivers.msi
3. make sure ur phone enable or check usb the USB debugging & uncheck the usb storage
4. plug the usb cable to ur computer and to ur W900
5. wait until the driver install itself. if successfully installed
6. goto folder SK-S150 - Recovery then run RECOVERY SK-S150.bat
7. wait until ur phone turn black or Off then close the window batch file
8. on ur W900 make sure that its in the ECO MODE paki slide pababa ung katabi ng power botton
9. simultaneously press volume+ , volume- and power button if u feel the vibrate release the volume-
10. now u will see the ADVANCE BOOT OPTIONS. go to A/S tool client using the volume button- then by selecting push both volume+ and volume-
11. u will be at the CWM-Recovery choose -advance using volume button by select use the home button.
12. under Advance and Debugging Menu choose - Rooting select by push home button. if success...go to main menu then select -reboot system now
13. go to procedure number 3 and 4 then goto folder SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse then run SuperOneClick.exe push button Root wait until success...thats IT...Say thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
ito rin planong bilhin ng cmate ko. mgnda ndaw sana pero walang flash. pero specs pag uusapan sulit na sulit para sa 6k.

ito ang bagong phone ko ngayon hindi ka magsisi sa 6k mo madaming games pwedi e install smooth, clear lcd parang ips display you can extend your battery life when turning on the eco mode

im happy with W900 ang bilis now im trying to update my W900 gingerbread v2.3.3 to ICS v4.0.3 sana maging successfull

magkano yan?sabi ng ate mdali daw madira ang cherry mobile.

okay..probably yung ibang Cherry talaga eh mabilis masira. Pero hindi naman siguro especially a rebranded like this one. This phone is actually from Korea where in you can find one of the best mobile manufacturers(Samsung).

Got mine also.. Performance wise, very nice.. Actually everything is working fine and perfect... like you said the drawback is the battery life. i used to charge twice a day.. but overall its pretty good for my 6K worth of money... :)

just want to know if anyone try to ROOT this W900? or is it rootable?

yeah. its a bit frustrating pagdating sa battery. still you can have another battery as soon as cherry releases accessories for this. anyway, awhile ago,while intializing the g-sensor,my phone hangged and rebooted but it stuch on the cherry mbile logo. whatb i did id to remove that battery and it worked. what do you think is the reason?

im happy with W900 ang bilis now im trying to update my W900 gingerbread v2.3.3 to ICS v4.0.3 sana maging successfull

okay.. post here as soon as your done. for mine, probably ill just be waiting for the update from Cherry Mobile which is I believe be announced within this year or early next year. Do you experience any problems or unwanted things on your phone right now?

okay.. post here as soon as your done. for mine, probably ill just be waiting for the update from Cherry Mobile which is I believe be announced within this year or early next year. Do you experience any problems or unwanted things on your phone right now?

wala naman akong na experience na problema...di nag success ang ics rom...blik gingerbread ulit...tama ka hantayin ko na lang official ICS rom ng CM...ikaw ba may na experience na problema?

wala naman akong na experience na problema...di nag success ang ics rom...blik gingerbread ulit...tama ka hantayin ko na lang official ICS rom ng CM...ikaw ba may na experience na problema?

So far nothing major. Well there are two.
First, my Memory Card kind of destroyed because all of my installed apps disappered including my files when i rebooted the phone my files are recovered except the apps. then when i went to the menu everthing is interchanged for example when u will click the settings the calculator will show up etc. I rebooted it again and everythin went okay until now. I guess its with the SD Card.

Second, just awhile ago when I tried to initialize my g sensor my phone hanged up and rebooted automatically but was stucked at Cherry Mobile logo. I removed the battery and turned on and thats it its all ok. Im 99% sure that the cause was i did not placed the phone to a falt surfaced as the instructions indicated. When i tried to initialize it again on a flat box,it initialized properly.

I do not take these as major problems. But the first one I mentioned is kind of mysterious. But still I'm contented with my phone. And probably be more contented when they will release ICS update id there will be(I hope so)..

Anyway, how can we make this the officcial thread for fellow users?

@mafiagokou- Sir d po nagana ung root. naka stak lang sya sa black screen tapos nag recovery mode ako dun sa A/S tool client wla nman lumalabas na advance option edi nag skip na ko sa superoneclick ayun ayaw nya padin . bakit po kaya? TIA ^_^

meron din akong ganitong phone sa 6k price range eto na pinakasulit na phone compare sa sgy pocket l3 a65 a60 at xperia mini

nahirapan akong sundan yung procedure ng pag root, walang lumalabas at blank lang yung after kong i press yung vol up+vol down+power...

sige pre try ko uli....

1. unrar W900 driver.rar
2. goto folder SK-S150 - Driver USB Install SK-S150 Drivers.msi
3. make sure ur phone enable or check usb the USB debugging & uncheck the usb storage
4. plug the usb cable to ur computer and to ur W900
5. wait until the driver install itself. if successfully installed
6. goto folder SK-S150 - Recovery then run RECOVERY SK-S150.bat
7. wait until ur phone turn black or Off then close the window batch file (dito ako nawawala pre hinde namamatay yung phone ko pagka tapos nyang mag off nag start din agad siya then diretyo lang sa blank)
8. on ur W900 make sure that its in the ECO MODE paki slide pababa ung katabi ng power botton
9. simultaneously press volume+ , volume- and power button if u feel the vibrate release the volume-
10. now u will see the ADVANCE BOOT OPTIONS. go to A/S tool client using the volume button- then by selecting push both volume+ and volume-
11. u will be at the CWM-Recovery choose -advance using volume button by select use the home button. (hinde ko nakita yang CWM-recovery na yan pag nag advance boot me)
12. under Advance and Debugging Menu choose
- Rooting select by push home button. if success...go to main menu then select -reboot system now
13. go to procedure number 3 and 4 then goto folder SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse then run SuperOneClick.exe push button Root wait until success...thats IT...Say thanks (try ko irun eto pero and sabi "the application failed to initialized"...)

na stock nako dito after ko mag enter sa system recovery

android_system_recovery-01.jpg

To mafiagokou thanks... It really works....

Info : It only works in Windows Vista or 7....

Kapag sa Windows XP, maiistock lang kayo sa <waiting for device>
Hindi kasi iniinstall ni Win XP yung driver.

Last edited:
Ask ko lang nasa 6k parin ba?parang like ko benta sgy ko hilig ko sa games

To mafiagokou thanks... It really works....

Info : It only works in Windows Vista or 7....

Kapag sa Windows XP, maiistock lang kayo sa <waiting for device>
Hindi kasi iniinstall ni Win XP yung driver.

pre t.y. kya pla kahit anung gwin ko sa w900 ko dko makuha eh, nalaspag nalang kaka on and off, hehe btw bka my gumagana kng om jan khit di pa rooted

good am mga ser. ask lng bat parang wla pdin root acces ung phone ko? tinry ko ung root checker e color red ung busybox at binary blx ba un. any suggestions? tnx in advance. :))

kya ko nasabi wla root acces e ndi nagana ung gamecih(like cheat engine sa games)
comment po sa may alam tnx. godbless. :))

Back
Top Bottom