Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

S5230Wifi/S5233Wifi Star Mod Themes

saiz136

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION
To All S5230Wifi and S5233Wifi Star Users ONLY. (Non wifi S5230/S5233 are EXcluded)

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(A) For S5230W and S5233W users who are interested in modifying your phone, you may proceed. For some S5230W and S5233W users who are contented with their themes and firmware please ignore this thread.

(B) The purpose of this thread is to put modified themes to SAMSUNG Star Wifi phones while it is dedicated ONLY for SAMSUNG Star Non-Wifi Phones.

(C) As for posting this thread it is due to requests personally in my previous thread on modifying themes for the WIFI Handheld phones especially Samsung Star.

(D) Again this is for S5230Wifi and S5233Wifi Star only, for non-wifi Samsung S5230 and S5233 Star users please look for my signature below on modifying themes and etc.

(E)Since this thread is different from Non Wifi Star, I conclude that this thread will stay here as it is. So please do post for Feedbacks and Questions.​

DISCLAIMER
Use this at your own risk. This theme is NOT been tested by the Thread Starter/Me for the reason that I do not have S5230W nor S5233W and my S5230 Star will be bricked if I do the following methods posted here in this thread.
Updates for this thread is still ongoing so please do post for feedbacks and question regarding on this modification on your Samsung Star Wifi. Yet it is SAFE and there is a MINIMAL chance to brick/damage your phone because you will be flashing S5230W firmware. However your warranty of your handheld will be voided in doing this process.

If you agree on TS's (thread starter's) Terms & Conditions please proceed, if not ignore this post or ask questions first.​

DOWNLOADABLES

HOW TO FULL FLASH
WARNING : USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, I AM NOT RELIABLE TO ANY DAMAGE OF YOUR HANDHELD THAT IS GIVEN TO MY INSTRUCTIONS. IT IS A 99% CHANCE THAT MY INSTRUCTIONS WILL WORK IF YOU READ IT CAREFULLY BUT ALSO THERE IS A 1% CHANCE THAT YOU MIGHT FAIL FOR OTHER REASONS AND MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS UNLOCKED!

Ok First you need some tools of your own..
1---> Samsung GT-S5230Wifi (STAR) Phone [preferably fully charge]
2---> A Computer [Desktop or Laptop will do, preferably using Windows XP, VISTA and Windows7]
3---> Of course, internet connection para mabasa mo to, or you could just paste this to any notepad.
4---> USB Cable
5---> Samsung NPS (New PC Studio) [I prefer to download the newest version rather than installing the CD na nakalagay dun sa box

NOTE: MAG BACKUP NA KAYO SA MGA CONTACTS, PHONE MEMORY FILES, MESSAGES, ETC.
Dahil once na nag flash na kayo ay mabubura lahat ng files sa Phone Memory..

1.) Install niyo ung Samsung NPS (New PC Studio), then after niyo mainstall, i-kabit niyo ung phone niyo sa PC using the USB Cable, and may lalabas na prompt sa phone nio. Select PC STUDIO. (Hintayin niyo ma connect ung phone nio sa PC, dahil automatically iinstall niya ung mga files sa PC niyo.) Then para sure, restart your PC.

2.) Extract S5230WPDJE4 FW and Multiloader in different folders.

3.) Shutdown your PHONE not your PC remove your Memory Card and your SIM Card and place the battery again. Press and hold (volume up or down+camera key+off key or end call key) Then may lalabas sa screen ng phone niyo ng DOWNLOAD.

4.) Open niyo ung MultiLoader sa PC and connect the USB cable sa phone niyo. On your MultiLoader, mark niyo ung BRCM2133,
check niyo BOOT CHANGE, Full Download and Master Rom
  • Click BOOT button and i-browse niyo ung folder ng S5230WPDJE4 and click on the BOOTFILES [press OK]
  • Click AMSS button and i-browse niyo ung folder ng S5230WPDJE4 and click on the amss.bin file [press OK]
  • Click RSRC1 button and click on the .rc1 file[press OK]
  • Click RSRC2 button and click on the .rc2 file[press OK]
  • Click FACTORY FS button and click on the .ffs file[press OK]
  • Leave FOTA, TUNE AND ETC blank!
  • Click PORT SEARCH, makikita niyo below kung nakakabit ung phone niyo using port address (ex.Port6 S5230)
  • Click DOWNLOAD and wait for the screen on the right to prompt "All files complete"

5.) Remove niyo ung USB Cable and ilagay niyo ulit ung Memory Card and SIM Card niyo... Open your phone and check niyo sa dial *-#-1-2-3-4-#
After flashing, you may pick from three(3) custom themes all from Jdotcong and Onestyle07.
Extract the downloaded theme and copy "res"(small letters only) folder and paste it on root or main folder of Phone Memory and Card Memory (MMC).
After copying, extract Patch for S5230W to a separate folder.

HOW TO UPDATE PATCH MENU
Again turn off your phone, remove Sim Card and Memory Card.
On your phone, go to DOWNLOAD screen.
Open again the MultiLoader, click PORT SEARCH first and this time mark niyo ung LSI6410
  • DO NOT CHECK BOOT CHANGE, Full Download and Master Rom!
  • DO NOT click AMSS Button!
  • Click APPS button and i-browse niyo ung folder ng S5230WPDJE4 Patch and click on the Apps_patch_S5230WPDJE4.bin [press OK]
  • DO NOT click RSRC1 Button!
  • Click RSRC2 button and i-browse niyo ung folder ng S5230WPDJE4 Patch and click on the Rsrc2_S5230W(Low)_SER_PatchV11.rc2 [press OK]
  • Click DOWNLOAD and wait for the screen on the right to prompt "All files complete"

Your phone should automatically restart, it's OK. Remove the battery at once (because mag-eerror yung theme dahil hindi pa naa-activate yung mga patches) White Screen Error!

Ilagay ulit ang Sim Card at ang Memory Card then open your phone.

On boot up screen with a loading bar below.. Hold the LOCK KEY hanggang may lumabas ng Patch Menu.

NOTE : Controls for the Main Menu,
Use VOLUME UP and DOWN KEY for up and down controls,
CAMERA KEY for enter,
LOCK KEY for save,
BACK KEY for next,
CALL KEY for back.

On the main menu screen, select Patch Menu. On the Patch Menu, fill ALL the check boxes for example...
1.[*] Master Patch v.1.0
2.[*] CallUnlockLcd
3.[*] ChangeJavaToMMC
... and so on.
then press the LOCK KEY to save. Then go back to Main Menu and select Restart Phone
After restart you shall notice that your old theme is gone, and the new modified theme is in. If not, you have done something wrong, please review the tutorial or read the FAQ'S section and UPDATES section for more information. To go back to your default Samsung original theme, restart then on boot screen, hold back key (middle key) to skip the modified theme.
NOTE : If your "res" folder doesn't contain "color.bin" file, do not activate the "colortbl" patch on the patch menu! Themes that has color.bin files are STAR HERO and STAR HERO+HTC FINAL themes only! HTC Hero Final doesn't contain "color.bin" file and please do delete the "calculator.swf" file in your res folder, this file is just a junk because S5230W patch doesn't contain change calc patch.

ADVANCE CONFIGURATIONS

Change "My Theme" into a colored BLACK theme.
  1. Download and extract TKFileExplorer + NV file
  2. Connect USB Cable to your phone and select PC STUDIO, be sure na hindi lalabas ung SAMSUNG NPS na ininstall niyo, pag lumabas, close niyo lang pati sa taskbar (located at the bottom-right of your screen ng pc.)
  3. Open TkFileExplorer_2.2.exe, click Setting tab, and select COM. Dun sa PORT, if walang nakalagay, just select the Down key and select any port na nakalagay, un ung port ng Phone niyo. Then click OK. If walang port na nakalabas then just restart your PC.
  4. Click File tab, and select Connect. Makikita niyo ung Phone System nio sa bottom ng Tk File Explorer.
  5. On your Local Disk page (drive C: ) locate niyo ung nv_original.ini which is located kung saan niyo in-extract ung TkFileExplorer.rar. On the Phone page (drive P: ) click System FS then Settings then Pre Configuration then Baltic then NV, now drag niyo ung nv_original.ini sa Local Disk page sa NV folder ng Phone page and overwrite the existing nv_original.ini file.
  6. Close your Tk File Explorer, and remove the USB to your phone. Dial on your phone *-#-5-2-3-9-8-7-0-*-#, on the Admin Setting, select Pre-Configuration and dial *-#-2-7-2-3-6-*-# then select BALTIC, your phone will restart automatically. DONE!

Advance Configuration on HTC HERO Final Theme
  • Changing Fonts
  • Changing Idle Desktop Wallpaper
  • Changing Menu Wallpaper
  • Customization of Menu Icons
Click here for more info.

** More Advance Configurations on next update! **

Now it's time for YOU to test the modified theme! Please post your questions, problems, feedbacks, outcome of the theme and other features related to this modified theme.
Try your wifi and bluetooth if it is working!
If the theme is not really working, reflash again your handheld with the given firmware on the above and post here your problems that you've encountered.

TS (Thread Starter) NOTES

• I am here to reply your post every now and then, I usually check this forum every 3-5 hrs. Since I don't have things to put time into.
  • I do also ask questions and answer as well BUT I'm not a stupid forumer that will answer every stupid questions like (PWEDE BA TO SA CORBY II).Read first before you ask.
  • If you don't understand on tutorials and explanations, please do post, worthy questions are worthy to reply regarding this topic. It is not STUPID nor EMBARRASSING. Ask and not be dumb! Ask and you shall understand!
  • Ask questions complete and full, I am not a fortuneteller nor a psychic.
  • Ask in English or Tagalog or Taglish only, I do not understand other foreign language and local language other than English-Tagalog.
  • Other links in downloadable's are not my property nor the forums, so don't tell me to modify the file itself however I can upload mirrors if your having trouble on downloading file/links.
  • I will add or update this thread on other configurations for mod themes but for now install the theme, I really need your feedbacks here.
  • Links, instructions and post may change without prior notice.
  • Be sure to read the UPDATES corner to keep you updated on the latest changes of the theme and addition tutorials.
  • I don't beg for thanks button either way Thank you if you hit! :thumbsup:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ'S SECTION)
  • Why is it that the theme has no "Wifi button"?
    Additionally the three(3) modified themes has no WIFI icon and widget, so if you're going to use your wifi, do it on your default browser or on your settings and the theme is originally from a S5230/S5233 non wifi phones, that is why there is no Wifi button on it.​
  • When I go to dial screen, the numbers are misplaced?
    There is a little problem on the dial screen this is a bug so don't worry about this, the first number is positioned on the farthest left side of the screen. Or download my own customized font to relieve the problems of your dial screen (more info on updates section)​
  • After patching, the theme is not working and a white screen appeared!
    Make sure that you activated all patches in the patch menu and save it as it is. (see "HOW TO UPDATE PATCH MENU" for more info)​
  • Will my current firmware work here even if I don't flash my phone with your firmware?
    For safety purposes, please follow all the instructions given here, and flash it with the given firmware also!​
  • Screenshots for the theme?
    I don't have any screenshots for the theme, there is no screenshot applications for Samsung Star. And I don't have a High Quality camera to picture them also.​
  • The font's is not working and the background color is black!
    Deactivate the "colortbl" patch in the patch menu to fix the black background color or follow these steps by exeryon's post (more info here)
Ask questions that is not included in the FAQ'S and I will update it here. :thumbsup:

UPDATES

072211 - On the patch menu, kindly untick or uncheck #6 colortbl patch IF you don't like the color combination/notifications on your phone. more info here.
072211 - Delete the "calculator.swf" file on the Res folder. For there is no declared patch for changing calculator skin. more info here.
073011 - Fonts and Color.bin file working, instruction are added on the first page! Thanks to exeryon for the information.more info here :clap:
073011 - If you don't like the new fonts installed in your theme, untick or deactivate the font patch on the font menu to enable the default fonts of Samsung. Download here if you want MY default font. more info here
073011 - Removed "*beta*" on the title thread, the theme is already going smoothly with few updates. More updates to come! :thumbsup:
073011 - Added Frequently Asked Questions or FAQ's section for those who are still in need of help and a lot of questions in mind, well this section may help! :salute:
080311 - New Advance Configuration Section added! More updates on Advance Config. more info here
080611 - Minor changes on this page. Easy tutorial, easy reading and removed unnecessary tutorials.
080711 - New Advance Configuration for HTC Hero Final Theme. more info here.

Please I need your FEEDBACKS and QUESTIONS

Let's keep this thread alive with your helpful posts! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Re: S5230Wifi/S5233Wifi Star Mod Themes *beta*

TS, pwede ba to sa DXIH2 firmware?

TS, pwede ba to sa DXIH2 firmware?

Hindi ako sure eh, kasi ang alam ko different region yung firmware mo :noidea:, plus yung firmware na naka-link dito ang alam kong gagana sa mod na ito..

Last edited:

oo ibang region yung firmware ko. Wala kasi akong mahanap na update sa firmware na to eh. boss, baka may alam kang pwedeng gumana dito sa fw ko?

oo ibang region yung firmware ko. Wala kasi akong mahanap na update sa firmware na to eh. boss, baka may alam kang pwedeng gumana dito sa fw ko?

Bakit ayaw mo na lang palitan?

Pinost ko na dun sa isang thread ung isang firmware na asian region din..:dance:

Kaya lang firmware lang siya, and I'm not sure kung gagana din dito..

Last edited:

Natatakot pa ko bossin hehe

Natatakot pa ko bossin hehe

Ahahaha yup I understand, let's just wait na may magconfirm if ok itong thread na to for Star Wifi's..:thumbsup:

Kung may S5230W or S5233W ako, kanina ko pa to natesting! :lol:

natatakot pa ko eh.. hehe.. Kasi kung gumana man siya, baka may mga features na hindi gumana

natatakot pa ko eh.. hehe.. Kasi kung gumana man siya, baka may mga features na hindi gumana

I think gagana naman sya kasi finlash ito mismo sa wifi star na firmware..

pero if you want to be sure, wait na lang natin yung feedbacks ng susubok nating ka-symb!:thumbsup:

sir tanong ko lang po paano maglagay nang themes sa samsung star wifi? thanks:excited::excited:

sir tanong ko lang po paano maglagay nang themes sa samsung star wifi? thanks:excited::excited:

hayy, dapat ba tagalog ung ts notes ko? paki basa lang po sir ng maige para magkaintindihan tayo. >.<

ilan ang patch mo bro?

ilan ang patch mo bro?

I think more than 30 patches, haven't tried though.. I need someone to try this mod theme.. :thumbsup:

makakapag reflash po ba kapag hindi po mabuksan ung s5230w?..nablock po kasi ung phone lock password..please response sir....

makakapag reflash po ba kapag hindi po mabuksan ung s5230w?..nablock po kasi ung phone lock password..please response sir....

You need to unlock first or else your phone may brick! For unlocking codes please use search on how to unlock your phone..
:salute:

TS pede k po bang mg upload ng screen shots ng mga themes pag natapos na tong gawin..

TS pede k po bang mg upload ng screen shots ng mga themes pag natapos na tong gawin..

I have some screenshots on star hero theme (see my signature), although other screenshots are not possible because walang screenshot app ang star.

Note screenshots of star hero theme was from the original creator and i believe he made it possible tru cs flash pro.

You need to unlock first or else your phone may brick! For unlocking codes please use search on how to unlock your phone..
:salute:

sir successful po operation ko sa theme modding kaso po,,bkit wala pong numbers tyaka letters na makita tyaka black po ung background ng typing message..phonebook at iba pa?,,please response po....

Last edited:

sir successful po operation ko sa theme modding kaso po,,bkit wala pong numbers tyaka letters na makita tyaka black po ung background ng typing message..phonebook at iba pa?,,please response po....

Ok hmm.. I've experience yung walang numbers and letters.. Pwede paki list lahat ng patches dun sa patch menu, para mahimay ko ung mga dapat i-tick!.. :salute:

I don't know yung problem sa black background, pero still I need to check the patch list.. :noidea:

For now, dun ka muna sa default theme, hold mo yung back button on start up boot screen.. May makikita ka maliit na red lettered "skip" means your phone will "skip" the current theme. :thumbsup:

Ok hmm.. I've experience yung walang numbers and letters.. Pwede paki list lahat ng patches dun sa patch menu, para mahimay ko ung mga dapat i-tick!.. :salute:

I don't know yung problem sa black background, pero still I need to check the patch list.. :noidea:

For now, dun ka muna sa default theme, hold mo yung back button on start up boot screen.. May makikita ka maliit na red lettered "skip" means your phone will "skip" the current theme. :thumbsup:

sir e2 po ung list sa patch menu:

1. MasterPatch
2. CallUnlockLcd
3.ChangeJavaToMMC
4.Change KJxDispatch.in
5.CheckSignOff
6.colortbl
7.DeleteJavaPopup
8.Delete SThumb.tbd
9.EasyAdminMenu
10.FlashPlayer
11.Font
12.gadget menu myfiles
13.Google to Opera
14.JavaLcdOff
15.LowBatRestricOff
16.VideoSizeLarge

sir lahat po yan nakaselect according to your
tut..pero wla naman pong fonts/letter na makita sa phone ko...un po ung problema ko nung namod ko po theme ng s5230w ko..hope malutas niyo po problem ko..more power ts....

Back
Top Bottom