Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

for jar formats, my phone <n70>, for html/mobi/prc im using mobipocket reader., for pdf im using pdf reader and for doc, im using quickoffice. still searching for an ebook reader <for lit formats> compatibale to my phone. but usually, i convert lit files into mobi and use mobireader instead :dance:

@ slackerman: This is just me ha. Before my K3, I used to read on my Nokia 5800, and .html formats are the greatest. :thumbsup: I still read on my phone when I have to go out of the house.
BUT.
The light from the phone, arrgh. Super strain. Although you get used to it, it still feels like you've been staring at the sun for hours. You tear up, hanggang sa naka-squint ka na lang. And the worst part is, when you're up all night reading and you have to turn off the lights (para hindi mahuli na gising pa), the only source of light is the phone, oh golly, that's where the torture begins. :upset: But, like I said, you get used to it. (Thank gulay for e-ink)

guys, help please.. :)
i am considering buying a kindle na sana but i came across the kobo wireless ereader.. now i'm so confused.

could you guys help me please.. thanks! :D

Hi there movie_geek, what are the features that has you confused? Biased kasi ako e, so I would say Kindle's better based on my experience and partly because of the reviews I read.

But I think we have somebody here who has a Kobo who can give you the pros on why you should choose it instead of the K3.

Here's a review on Kobo and Kindle.

Hope this helps in your decision-making process. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@ slackerman: This is just me ha. Before my K3, I used to read on my Nokia 5800, and .html formats are the greatest. :thumbsup: I still read on my phone when I have to go out of the house.
BUT.
The light from the phone, arrgh. Super strain. Although you get used to it, it still feels like you've been staring at the sun for hours. You tear up, hanggang sa naka-squint ka na lang. And the worst part is, when you're up all night reading and you have to turn off the lights (para hindi mahuli na gising pa), the only source of light is the phone, oh golly, that's where the torture begins. :upset: But, like I said, you get used to it. (Thank gulay for e-ink)

agreed.bright screen lights are so bad when reading for hours.granted hnhram q ipad ng mom and a few minutes reading to an hour kaya pa nmn eh,sobrang astig kse pag pageturn mo sa ibooks ahehehe..but in all seriousness the health issues regarding the eyes are there.especially when addicted to reading.its just like staring at a smaller monitor,and the eyes become red and teary after a very long session reading.so i am very happy for us kindle owners and ebook reader owners in general because we have a whole library in our hands and are dedicated to reading.

guys, help please.. :)
i am considering buying a kindle na sana but i came across the kobo wireless ereader.. now i'm so confused.

could you guys help me please.. thanks! :D

if you dont like converting ebooks to mobi format then take the kobo,they have same screen size and same e-ink.the battery life is the difference coz my kindle really made a month without charging.but the kobo can go 10 days which is just fine.

if you can cope with converting your stuff to mobi. format(the one kindle uses) then by all means go for it.otherwise a kobo is perfectly capable ebook reader as well with the bonus of using epub(the standard format and most popular)so you just have to download,copy and paste.easy lng.

i price checked on sulit.com and the kobo is 6k while kindle is 8k the lowest.

and if ever you buy a kindle,advise q lng wag mo n bili ung cover ng amazon para sa kindle m,overpriced eh.i just fitted mine with a samsung galaxy tab case.ok n un protection hehe..

best of luck,

^^Actually, Kobo's e-Ink is not the same as Kindle 3's e-Ink screen. K3 uses the latest Pearl e-Ink while Kobo wireless version uses the old e-Ink. K3's e-Ink is much darker, much better contrast than the Kobo new wireless version. :)

Last edited:
gamet ko pico ereader.. hnd siya eink pero mabilis siya maglipat ng page at pwd ka pa manuod ng video

Cellphone lang. Nokia 6500...i convert to jar files. Maliit pero pwede na. Dami ko nang nabasa dito.

hi guyz.. ask ko lang sino na naka try makabili ng nook sa B&N and do they ship in Philippines?

Last edited:
kindle3 is the best! thin, light and best of all battery can last until 28 days even if you use it everyday. wifi pa.:dance:

hi guyz.. ask ko lang sino na naka try makabili ng nook sa B&N and do they ship in Philippines?

Yung kakilala ko she uses JAC service to buy her Nook then have it deliver sa JAC branch dyan sa Pilipinas and pick it up. :)

There are also people who sell B&N's Nook in places like multiply, tipidpc, ebay.com.ph, or sulit.ph. I think if you buy there you can save up on the shipping fee etc.

I found this seller in sulit.ph, and apparently he's got a complete list of items for sale in tipidpc. He's got a lot of positive feedback and sells the gadgets for a very reasonable price, hope this helps: ;)

tipidpc

Last edited:
hi sticky feet, have you tried buying from that site

^ No, not yet. But I know someone who bought a gadget from that person on the link I gave below. Okay naman daw and hassle-free. ;)

Last edited:
ok..thanks.. i think ill be buying from that site already..

i use ubook reader for my 02 Atom Exec WM6.5. It can be downloaded from pdagold.com/freeware .

Back
Top Bottom