Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

still happy with my kindle just perfect size for reading hangang maantok at magsnooze

after 8 months when I created this thread, i finally have my own dedicated ebook reader,,I chose kindle and I'm enjoying it now!!

Last edited:
Thanks..Still on exploring stage..

Thanks!!! Did your new kindle arrive already??

^ Yep, it was replaced my Amazon. Got it a week ago. :lol: And may I just say, Ang mahal ng shipping cost! My Aunt lives in the UK kasi, so kailangan sa UK ko din ibabalik yung defective K3 ko (Parang somewhere in Scotland na nga yung address ng Amazon dun e). It cost me around P3800+, tapos yung Tita ko, it only cost her around P1700 to send it from the UK to the Phils. Buti na lang ire-reimburse ng Amazon. :salute:

- end rant. -

Last edited:
IMG_0057.jpg

I am still using my 2-year-old Ipaq 110 Pocket PC
IMG_0053.jpg

I use a black background color with off-white text; easier on the eyes.
IMG_0050.jpg

The Ipaq Browser
IMG_0054.jpg

Mobipocket Library Page

Pasensiya na sa mga kuha.

Last edited:
iPad 2 will be out this coming March 11.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/

I want, I want, I want!!! Though I won't be using this purely for reading. This baby is just swwweeeeetttt!!!! :D

Now, kung may budget lang ako. Sino dyan magpapautang. LOL :lol: I want din kasi to upgrade my laptop. :hilo: Can't decide, I want both!!! :yipee:

@banana_republic, nice pics...kasama pa pink piggy ko. LOL :lol:

Last edited:
thanks diokdin:)

My Nook just arrived today and currently exploring it:yipee:

Except for the screen size; my Ipaq Pocket PC seems to beat it in response time and features.

We'll see.

I don't really think that e-ink readers are for me. I don't really like buying gadgets that you need to dress-up with external lights, covers and the like.

I prefer gadgets that are fully functional out-of-the-box.

Or maybe I have gotten used to my Pocket PC that weighs a lot less and has a great backlight system not to mention that I can change background color and text.

I am really considering selling my Nook and waiting for my sister to buy an Ipad 2 so I can buy her Ipad 1 at a bargain:D

In the meantime, it's back to my Pocket PC.

I don't really think that e-ink readers are for me. I don't really like buying gadgets that you need to dress-up with external lights, covers and the like.

I prefer gadgets that are fully functional out-of-the-box.

Or maybe I have gotten used to my Pocket PC that weighs a lot less and has a great backlight system not to mention that I can change background color and text.

I am really considering selling my Nook and waiting for my sister to buy an Ipad 2 so I can buy her Ipad 1 at a bargain:D

In the meantime, it's back to my Pocket PC.

You didn't like the Nook that much?

You didn't like the Nook that much?

I don't really like e-ink readers that much; aside from the no-backlight issue, the lack of color is also a minus.

Compared to Kindle 3 tho, Nook has more +features and value.

Most notable is the color-touch navigation panel which takes the place of a physical keyboard. You can also turn pages by swiping the touch-screen aside from the 2-pairs of left and right page turning buttons.

User-replaceable batteries and user-expandable memory. The back is easily opened without use of tools to do these tasks.

The beta browser is handy for checking FB, e-mail and reading forums but still no color.

You can listen to your audio files while reading but can't play video.

But Nook is a little bit heavier than Kindle 3 and Kindle 3 has longer battery life.

You can "Lend" and "Borrow" books bought from B&N to friends for as long as 14-days.

I would still choose Nook over Kindle 3 but no e-ink for me.

E-ink is really crisp and clear but the advantages are not that great compared to LCD screens.

Last edited:
@banana_republic, not all kasi are hiyang sa dedicated ereaders. Some wants all the bells and whistle a gadget will have. And I think you need an iPad for that, that's what you need. You can read your books and it also has more functions for other stuff. Also if ever e-Ink color will be on Kindle's or any other readers I don't think you will like it still bec you want a backlighted screen. So an LCD/LED screen is the way to go for you. ;)

Kindle 3 now also has a lend me feature. And if you know someones @kindle email and your email is part of his/her account to receive emails. You can send that ebooks to them, this is good for nonDRM books. Pag may DRM pwede yung lend me features.

Last edited:
@banana_republic, not all kasi are hiyang sa dedicated ereaders. Some wants all the bells and whistle a gadget will have. And I think you need an iPad for that, that's what you need. You can read your books and it also has more functions for other stuff. Also if ever e-Ink color will be on Kindle's or any other readers I don't think you will like it still bec you want a backlighted screen. So an LCD/LED screen is the way to go for you. ;)

Kindle 3 now also has a lend me feature. And if you know someones @kindle email and your email is part of his/her account to receive emails. You can send that ebooks to them, this is good for nonDRM books. Pag may DRM pwede yung lend me features.

@diokdin
Exactly my sentiments.

I can do without most of the bells and whistles of the Ipad, but the backlighting thing really bugs me.

I did not know how difficult it was until I got my Nook.

I read almost everywhere and I can't always be sure to find a good lighted spot and turn the reader just right to catch the light and avoid the glare on the screen.

I also dislike having lights or other accessories hanging from my reader adding weight and bulk.

Maybe it's just me, but as I said before I don't really allow my gadgets to get in the way of my comfort and convenience:book:

@banana_republic, You might wanna try Nook Color if backlighting lang din gripe mo sa e-Ink and you can do without the bells and whistle of the iPad. Also yung sa CDR-King ebook reader is backlighted din.

But I really think you will be happy with an iPad.

ahaha cdr king readers are really slow so di momaeenjoy reading experience,ipads right now sells for 20k the cheapest sa applestore,,,damn super baba

we have an ipad at home and i seriously do not agree to upgrading to ipad two...

the gyroscope will not do much because i doubt anyone would like to be caught contorting and twisting their ipad like crazy

the 2 cameras although a plus,,can you say cheese while a camera the size of a book is facing you?haha

the processor is really fast no doubt but will only show its true worth in graphics heacy gaming meaning angry birds will run the same on both devices nevertheless.maybe just faster loading times but thats it,,the ipad 1 is already a fast loader,

the tapered edges are like the ipod which is only skin deep no one really cares about the design once they get their hands on an ipad and start using it.

smart covers?really,,,?

this is all just my speculation of course

@slackerman02, LOL :rofl: agree ako sa smart cover. LOL :rofl:

But they know how to sell their product. Bilib ako doon.

The facetime is really good to have. Lalo na if malayo kayo, bigger screen. :)

Back
Top Bottom