Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

anong s60v3 po ba ang maganda pang Ebook Reader? hindi masakit sa mata

Nokia e-series po. What po ba gamit mo?

haha planning palang po ako bumili ng 2nd hand ung hindi masakit sa mata kahit PDF at S60v3 hindi touchscreen ang sana ang gusto ko

Ayos naman po e-series. Ganun gamit ko pero hindi pdf kasi magzoo-zoom pa eh. Hehe pag pdf maganda po talaga kung ebook reader like ipad, etc. Hirap kasi siya gamitin pag phone.

meron kayang ebook reader na maliit lang kasing liit ng phone??

Ako ginagamit ko un AmazonKindle Graphite, bigay ng ninang ku nung nkaraang pasko lang:dance:

:help:
ok din po bang reader ang android tabLets? anong pros and cons? and anong format kaya niLang basahin?

depende kung anong klaseng ebook reader ang bibilhin mo.

kindle - kailangan mong iconvert lahat ng files mo to mobi, kaya lang di pwede ang memory card dito

nook/kobo/others - kailangan mong iconvert lahat ng files mo sa epub or other ebook file extension na mas apt sa reader mo (pero pwede mong ikabit ang memory card mo)

YES lahat ng pirated ebooks as long as natanggal na ang DRM nya pwedeng basahin ng ebook reader.

kaya ko sinasabing iconvert mo eh dahil pinaka-pangit or pinakamahirap ang pdf file basahin. hindi maganda ang flow sa reader ng pdf files (kailangan mo kasing iscroll pa pababa, pataas, pagilid, etc) habang binabasa mo ang pdf file mo.

as early as now, i encourage you to download Caliber software (it is FREE!). ilagay mo lahat ng pdf files mo dun at simulan mo ng magconvert (siempre by batches para hindi naman mahirapan ang computer mo :lol:). just check internet as to the best extension file na mababasa ng ereader na balak mong bilhin.

goodluck and happy ebook reader hunting!

ganun? I was planning to get a nook simple touch, kasi well, simple lang s'ya..hehe..so kailangan ko pala talagang iconvert pa yung pdf files ko..akala ko ok na s'ya as is..pero siguro depende din sa reader, no? anyways..THANKS SO MUCH!!

:thanks:

^ yes, ganun.

check ka sa mobileread na forum. check mo ang nook section nila and read comments about pdf reading in the reader (kung okay ba o hindi, etc.). pwede ka ring magbasa sa barnes and noble nook section, basahin mo mga reviews nila. or search Nook reviews sa internet. meron nga din sa youtube eh.

sa kindle kasi hindi sya okay, so....

android tablet, this can read pdf better if you really insist on retaining your files in pdf form.

e-ink reader (kindle, nook, kobo, etc) - no backlight. parang libro lang din na manipis. pag nasa madilim ka at wala kang book lamp, di ka rin makakabasa.

android tablets (samsung galaxy tab, etc.)/iPad - you can read in the dark dahil may sariling ilaw (backlight) ang android/ipad. sabi ng iba madaling makasira ng mata. ang sa akin lang...mabigat sya, di sya pwedeng nakahiga ako at binubuhat sya para magbasa.

cellphones that can be used for ebook reading - same with android/ipad, may sariling ilaw. kaya lang maliit.

wala ka bang mga kakilala na may mga ganitong gadgets? i assume marami-rami na ring pinoy ang merong android/iPad. e-ink readers di yata masyado.

nasasalawahan kasi ako between ereader or tablet na lang..

if ereader kasi, yun nga, intended for reading talaga s'ya, magaan, convenient dalhin, etc..

kung tablet naman, multi-functional s'ya di ba? apps, games, music, etc..kaso I really don't need all that..gusto ko lang ng hiwalay na babasahan ng ebooks..hassle kasi sa phone eh..hehe..

but anyways, thank you thank you talaga! :thumbsup:
mas napaisip pa ko kung ano talaga ang bagay na ereader sa 'kin dahil sa mga sinabi mo.. :)

nasasalawahan kasi ako between ereader or tablet na lang..

if ereader kasi, yun nga, intended for reading talaga s'ya, magaan, convenient dalhin, etc..

kung tablet naman, multi-functional s'ya di ba? apps, games, music, etc..kaso I really don't need all that..gusto ko lang ng hiwalay na babasahan ng ebooks..hassle kasi sa phone eh..hehe..

but anyways, thank you thank you talaga! :thumbsup:
mas napaisip pa ko kung ano talaga ang bagay na ereader sa 'kin dahil sa mga sinabi mo.. :)

I have tried both a K3 and Nook 1st gen which I still have but don't use anymore.

I am now using an Archos 70 gen 8 android tablet.
http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

Archos 70-300 gms-11 oz
Kindle 3 -241 grams-8.5 0z
Nook 330 grams-11.6 Oz

Both the K3 and Nook have e-ink screens but needs an external light source if you will read it in the dark. The light and cover effectively doubles the weight of the devices.

The size and weight of the Archos 70 Tablet lends itself very well to one-hand reading especially if you have a reasonably articulate middle finger to flip the pages in it's touch screen.:p

It supports PDF, DOC, Lit and the now standard epub format using Aldiko or Laputa readers which you can download for free.

You can also read non-DRM .azw files for Kindle by downloading a free copy of Kindle for Android.

There is also Nook for Android which is also free.

There are also tons of games and apps which you can also get for free from AppLibs or Android Market.

There are many more functionalities and features which make the Archos 70 a superior choice over any e-book reader.

Only downside is that battery lasts for only 9 hours with wi-fi on and playing movies at 720p. But I can live with that.

I bought this Archos 70 from Villman at P16k last year and they now they are coming out with a gen 9 model with about the same price.

Or you can buy a slightly lower quality but same functionality android tablet for less than 3k at tipidpc.
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=14467127
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=14454655

Sinipag ako mag-post at napahaba:)

Last edited:
I have tried both a K3 and Nook 1st gen which I still have but don't use anymore.

I am now using an Archos 70 gen 8 android tablet.
http://www.archos.com/products/ta/archos_70it/index.html?country=us&lang=en

Archos 70-300 gms-11 oz
Kindle 3 -241 grams-8.5 0z
Nook 330 grams-11.6 Oz

Both the K3 and Nook have e-ink screens but needs an external light source if you will read it in the dark. The light and cover effectively doubles the weight of the devices.

The size and weight of the Archos 70 Tablet lends itself very well to one-hand reading especially if you have a reasonably articulate middle finger to flip the pages in it's touch screen.:p

It supports PDF, DOC, Lit and the now standard epub format using Aldiko or Laputa readers which you can download for free.

You can also read non-DRM .azw files for Kindle by downloading a free copy of Kindle for Android.

There is also Nook for Android which is also free.

There are also tons of games and apps which you can also get for free from AppLibs or Android Market.

There are many more functionalities and features which make the Archos 70 a superior choice over any e-book reader.

Only downside is that battery lasts for only 9 hours with wi-fi on and playing movies at 720p. But I can live with that.

I bought this Archos 70 from Villman at P16k last year and they now they are coming out with a gen 9 model with about the same price.

Or you can buy a slightly lower quality but same functionality android tablet for less than 3k at tipidpc.
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=14467127
http://www.tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=14454655

Sinipag ako mag-post at napahaba:)

waahh..ganun?
parang I'm leaning towards that tabLet na ah..
haha..
oo nga nuh..
parang mas okay..
anyways, I'll think about it pa..
Thanks so much! :salute:

Aldiko book reader premium try mo download sa black market.. or may free nman sa android market.

very old windows mobile 6.1 htc cellphone with mobipocket

bukod sa aldiko ok din ung moon+ reader pro.. customizable pa ang themes

Hello everyone, just a question. I'm using a Tablet PC but most of the time I read ebooks using our laptop. Tanong ko lang which is better for laptop; Nitro Reader or Adobe Reader? Thanks!

dudes where can i download here files for my kindlefire? BTW im using KINDLE FIRE

Back
Top Bottom