Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

hey guys got an email from Barnes and Noble, their Nook has a price reduction. Their Nook with only wifi cost $149 and the Nook with wifi and 3G cost $199. For all it's features that's very affordable. ;) :hyper:

:hyper: So if you're thinking of buying a dedicated ebook reader, now's the time. :hyper: I'm tempted to get one myself. :thumbsup:

wow!! hanggang kelan effective yung sale?! :D
oops meron bang barnes and nobles sa canada?
wala kasi akong credit card, cant order online. :(

Last edited:
Diba ngcracrash daw ang nook most of the time..nabasa ko lang sa cnet review..tingin niyo?

@sherbie_love, don't know kung hangang kelan ang sale nila.

@Boynxtdor2, I think it's already fix by the latest firmware update. Sa una lang yun when they first release it, pangit talaga but after the latest firmware update very desireable na cya na ebook reader. Mas fast and ok na cya after the 1.3 update. :)

@sherbie_love, don't know kung hangang kelan ang sale nila.

@Boynxtdor2, I think it's already fix by the latest firmware update. Sa una lang yun when they first release it, pangit talaga but after the latest firmware update very desireable na cya na ebook reader. Mas fast and ok na cya after the 1.3 update. :)

ayos then..sana may nagbebenta through stores and not by mail..wala akong any kind of card eh.

^@boynxtdor2, May nabasa ako sa ibang forum na meyrong nagbibinta dyan sa Pilipinas ng ebook readers sa Trinoma? Maybe you could inquire there. ;)

@diokdin thanks sa info.
Kaso nasa province ako eh..

@diokdin thanks sa info.
Kaso nasa province ako eh..

ahhh I see, but at least it's not that far now. And you could call them there first before you go there. Good luck...hope you'll be able to get one. You'll love it. ;)

naka 5320 ako,
mobipocket reader.
panalo!

gamit ko ZXReader pero lahat need ko i-convert sa txt file :thumbsup:

I am using a an old Dell CPX 500hz and Adobe Reader as a dedicated ebook reader for my dad who has vision problems but loves to read.

I use my Blackberry Storm with Mobireader for my own use.

I use Calibre software to convert to any file I want. This is freeware.

Last edited:
just got a Sony Ebook Reader pocket edition. i love it! i use calibre for my book management. so far so good.:yipee:

lumang 6600 gamit ko solely for ebook reading, mas sumasakit pa mata ko pag sa PC or laptop eh. tapos install ko lang mobipocket reader. maganda kasi pwede mo lagyan ng bookmarks, annotations, meron din dictionary lookup for unfamiliar words. meron din ako repligo for reading .rgo files. so far di pa naman ako nagkakaproblema sa mata after reading all harry potter, twilight, chronicles of narnia, world war, robots in time series...

wala na yung 5320 ko,

5530 na gamit ko ngayon,
medyo hindi advisable mag basa ng ebooks kasi malaki screen,
ang bilis ma lowbat.
too bad.

balik papaerback na lang siguro ako or sa pc na lang.

new kindle readers will be out on Aug 27, 2010 in US and UK

3g + wifi USD189
wifi only USD139

i'm eagerly waiting for the wifi to be released internationally. hopefully in time for xmas :D

correction: it will be released at the same time with US and UK!. :excited:

Last edited:
^Yup I heared/read about that... That sound really doable price. :) I'm tempted to buy this one. I totally, totally love the screen, eventhough I really really hate to be lock down with Amazon. They can't even read ePubs...Tsk...

Last edited:
so have you seen an actual kindle dxg? coz the kindle 3 will have the same pearl e-ink screen.

the USD139 is really attactive.

no prob about the lockdown - calibre can convert to prc. that's why i'm building my e-library in prc format :lol:

^yeah I know...That's why I'm tempted to buy one. Totally, totally love the screen and there's a workaround about the ePubs format things. And the price is really competitve.

Haven't seen actual yet, but from the pictures. It looks great! And they made the reader physically attractive unlike the 1st gen Kindle, dko talaga type.

I think, I'll probably buy....or I'll let my sister buy one for me, she might have discounts. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom