Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

@ lycan: Meron ako nakitang nook sa Trinoma and iba pang e-readers a few months ago, and they were around 22,000Php more or less. Agggh!!! :upset:

Oh and meron pala ko nakita sa ebay.ph ngayon ngayon lang na iba't ibang e-readers, used kindle 2 (from 7k - 9k ata yun) and brand new kindle 3 (11k - 12k yung prices). Make sure to check the seller's feedbacks!!! :thumbsup:

Take a look:

http://shop.ebay.ph/i.html?rt=nc&LH_AvailTo=162&LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=ebook%20reader&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

http://shop.ebay.ph/i.html?rt=nc&LH_AvailTo=162&LH_PrefLoc=1&_nkw=kindle&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m283

Or you could also try diokdin's suggestion at reply #81, methink.

Good luck!!! :salute:

Last edited:
@sticky-feet, you're welcome. My order is in transit na. Yesterday evening ko lang ito binili and the estimate date arrival is Oct 7-13. I choose standard shipping.

@lycan, since amazon shipped worldwide now you can easily order on their website and your Kindle will be delivered to your door directly and they're using DHL as their courier. And no need to pay for custom charges sa package because Amazon will add that to your total. So all you have to do is just wait. I know people in other forums who bought the Kindle 3 directly at Amazon's website and it was delivered to their house address directly, di ka na mag pi-pick up. If you don't have a Credit Card that's okay you can use Amazon giftcards and you can buy them at Western Union. I mention this briefly in the link I have on my reply#81. Hope this helps you. Online shopping now is very easy as compared before. ;)

Last edited:
@ kimi: I was so used to the fairy, i didn't realize it was really you. :slap: Mas malala pa sa results ng Boards yung anticipation for the K3 e!!! I was supposed to ask for a Sony prs-650 but won my heart out to the K3. Tama si diokdin: Upgrade now, Cam later! :lol:

kimi, buy the PRS 650 first he he :D Maganda yung Pearl e-Ink sis. You'll see a very big difference. Then buy the camera next. He he :D

if i get that promotion, i will consider upgrading. will stick with sony and get the prs-650. i hate that it's a lot more expensive than the kindle or nook but i just LOOOOVE its form factor and the touchscreen. these are very relevant to me LOL

i still want that camera though. panny lx5, you are mine LOLLLLL

I considered this before kasi mura lang price and the look is nice but when Nook and Kindle had their price war, mas practical to buy the Nook and Kindle especially with other features they have on them than the Kobo. Same price lang. Kobo is $149, Nook with wifi $149 din and Kindle 3 wifi $139.

But what is best in Kobo is that they read the open format for ebook readers which is ePubs. But, Nook does too so...it really boils down to what you really preferred.

And to answer your question: Nope I haven't tried it yet.

Sometimes I feel like hoarding all ebook readers available out there and just try them all out, if possible lang. Tight sa money kasi...

if i get that promotion, i will consider upgrading. will stick with sony and get the prs-650. i hate that it's a lot more expensive than the kindle or nook but i just LOOOOVE its form factor and the touchscreen. these are very relevant to me LOL

i still want that camera though. panny lx5, you are mine LOLLLLL

Yeah, If Sony was the same price as the Kindle okay nga yung PRS 650 kasi may expandable memory card slot and reads ePubs and can borrow ebooks sa library. But okay lang sakin if hindi touchscreen though, I prefer no touch screen. I don't like to touch the screen where I read kasi.

Sana they price it almost same as the Kindle.

meron bang available satin na ebook reader sa stores? hassle kasi pag sa amazon. nanlabo na mata ko kakabasa sa psp.

Oh my, i know the feeling.. and sa psp mahirap magbasa ng pdf files right? Dati halos maduling na ako kababasa using psp. Anywayyy, i was looking for an ebook reader dito sa Pinas for months before ako nagdecide na mag order nalang online (from outside the country) kaya na save ko etong mga links.. Lahat eto nandito lang satin, i would've chosen to buy from these stores kung hindi lang ako nainlove sa pocket pro ko.

http://gadgetroyale.multiply.com/photos/album/125/Sony_Pocket_Reader_PRS300

http://gadgetroyale.multiply.com/photos/album/124/Sony_Touch_Reader_PRS600

http://gadgetgrocery.com/shoppingcart/index.php?cPath=48

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2410313/Ebook+readers+for+sale!+(Preorder+only)?referralKeywords=ebook+reader

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2348804/Ebook+readers?referralKeywords=ebook+reader

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Ectaco-Jetbook-Ebook-Reader-Original-Ectaco-Earlight-/170546649389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_211&hash=item27b55f592d#ht_1339wt_932

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Ebook-readers-E-ink-LCD-/220677399677?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_211&hash=item336165e47d#ht_2505wt_932

Mostly Sony ang binebenta na ebook readers dyan sa mga link na binigay ko..

I also saw a store sa MOA, 2nd floor.. They are selling Kindle 6" (P 21,000) Kindle DX (29,000) Nook (21,000) and another brand, bebook i think..i didn't look na (meaning nagmadali ako lumabas sa store) kasi nagulat ako sa price :lol:

salamat sa link i like the rose one, girl na girl, wait na lang ng 13th month pay.

Sony-PRS300-rose-with-sleeve.jpg

salamat sa link i like the rose one, girl na girl, wait na lang ng 13th month pay.

if you're willing to pay 11k for this, i suggest you get the prs350 instead. it's the updated version of the prs300. touchscreen na and uses pearl e-ink. it's only $179.99, roughly around 8k. if you go through the link diokdin gave halos pareho lang siguro babayaran. i'm bad at math LOL.

super pretty talaga ng color nya lalo na in person. plus you don't have to buy a cover since meron na syang sleeve na kasama.

I also saw a store sa MOA, 2nd floor.. They are selling Kindle 6" (P 21,000) Kindle DX (29,000) Nook (21,000) and another brand, bebook i think..i didn't look na (meaning nagmadali ako lumabas sa store) kasi nagulat ako sa price :lol:

hi, can you remember the store name or location/landmark? yung friend ko kasi eh gusto munang makita ang k3 sa personal :D before nya i-go ang plan purchase nya.

diokdin...1month to go na lang!!!! you know what i'm talking about sis :D

btw, 21k for k3??? taas ng mark-up ah. even if that k3 is 3g+wifi, original price is USD189 + 30 (import duties) + 30 (freight) = around usd 250 lang dapat. that 21k is almost x 2 of the original cost.

maybe i should make a business out of this, lol :)

Last edited:
@lycan, tama si kimi if you're willing to pay 11K might as well buy the upgrade version of that Rose Pink PRS 300 which is PRS 350. The Pearl e-Ink screen is very nice, dark and crisp yung text.

Here's a link of PRS 350 at Amazon it's new for $179: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Reader-P...5Q34/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1286288269&sr=8-2

@maysapaw, oh yeah...malapit na. Ilang tulog nalang. :dance:

I think that price 21K for Kindle sa Mall dyan in PI is not the K3 version, from what I understand sa ibang forum. They said it's the older version K2. But the link in ebay for K3 has only a mark-up of $20 plus the shipping which cost almost $40 but then when it arrived there in the Philippines you would still have to pay for customs since it wasn't included sa price when you buy it on ebay (the seller looks like it's located here in US so it still shipped from US). Hence, I think it is much cheaper and secured to buy it directy from Amazon website since you have at least a warranty and you pay only $139 + shipping with custom na. I know someone from another forum who accidentally drops her K3 and the screen was damage after having it for 2 weeks but she was able to replaced her K3 no questions asked.

And if people likes to buy different kind aside from K3 they could used the steps I posted on reply#81, using Johnny Air Cargo (JAC) to buy the item (i.e: Sony PRS 350, Nook, etc) for them and pick it up on JAC branch there in PI. No need for CC if you don't have one. You can pay it with cash.

Last edited:
hi, can you remember the store name or location/landmark? yung friend ko kasi eh gusto munang makita ang k3 sa personal :D before nya i-go ang plan purchase nya.

btw, 21k for k3??? taas ng mark-up ah. even if that k3 is 3g+wifi, original price is USD189 + 30 (import duties) + 30 (freight) = around usd 250 lang dapat. that 21k is almost x 2 of the original cost.

maybe i should make a business out of this, lol :)

Awww.. sorry po nakalimutan ko na yung name ng store eh all i remember is rushing in AND OUT (as in FAST) of that certain store. Pero baka this week or next week punta akong MOA, tignan ko then update ko nalang dito.

Super mahal talaga pag dito bumili. It took me weeks to weigh the advantage and disadvantage of buying here and abroad. Pero thank God at nakausap ko si Ms. diokdin and she helped me out (with her posts like reply#81) on how to buy outside w/o using my mom's credit card. :salute:

Someday pag may pearl e ink screen na rin ang astak/bebook/hanlin, i'll buy it din outside the country. I also think na for those who wants kindle 3g/wifi.. mas magandang bumili sa amazon mismo.. para its easier na makausap sila for support and all. Especially now na they ship na directly here sa Pinas.. :)

The Kindle Accessory Kit arrived today.

It's really nice. The leather book cover is soft and smooth to the touch, very nice feel compared to the Kindle Lighted Book Cover I have. Also it's very light compare to the Hot Pink Kindle Ligthed Book cover. I love it! It fits perfectly too and the shift and back keys are visible, not covered by the straps that holds the Kindle. I tried shaking it, but not far on my bed, to test how strong it helds and it passed. It holds it nice and securedly. Since I only buy this thing bec of the car charger, this leather book cover is a steal for $13 bucks I can't believe I only paid $13 for all of these.

About the screen protector though it looks like it's shiny and not matte finished so I haven't put it on my Kindle yet.

Here's some pics:

Kindle 3 Accessory Kit All in One.
f3a97188.jpg

As you can see the shift and back keys are not covered by the straps.
8e454d8f.jpg

Embose/Engrave name at the back.
7717b56c.jpg

that looks nice. if it still available by the time i place my order, i'll ask my friend if she wants one (although she's set for the orange amazon cover :D)

i, on the other hand, is still set for oberon (muttering to myself...this is your christmas gift to yourself...). just have to decide which of the many available covers i should choose.

if i only have extra money...i want at least 3 oberon covers, lol.

^It's a simple cover that serves it's purpose. :D And since I really didn't expect to get this okay na okay cya. Ha ha :D Yung car charger lang kasi talaga gusto ko, but I can't resist the great deal kaya binili ko na.

Sa Oberon na cover wait muna ako dyan. Mas mahal pa in the long run yung accessories ng Kindle ko keysa sa Kindle 3 itself. He he You know na what I like :D The Van Gogh, Hollyhock, River garden or Medici. But I'm not sure when I'll be getting that though...

Last edited:
pacompute naman po..k3 and nook...sa amazon...door to door na ba talaga? thanx!!

pacompute naman po..k3 and nook...sa amazon...door to door na ba talaga? thanx!!

Check and READ my link on my reply #81 on page 9. I put the computation there.

Sa Kindle3 lang yung directly door to door, Amazon uses DHL courier. As I said sa previous pages pag wala kang CC you can use Amazon's giftcard to buy your K3. And you can buy the giftcard sa Western Union. Pag Nook you have to go to Johnny Air Cargo (JAC) to let them buy it for you and they will send the items you bought sa JAC Phils-Branch nila tapos you will pick it up.

Very easy nalang to buy stuff internationally kahit walang CC. :)

Last edited:
I think I will wait until the x'mas shopping frenzy is over. I expect drastic price reductions with the advent of more e-book readers like Kobo, Bebook and Aluratek.

Augen's The Book is selling for less than $90 in K-mart.

Back
Top Bottom