Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Ano pong magandang basahin para sa mga beginners ??

historical:

any books written by Lisa Kleypas, Julie Garwood, Judith Mcnaught
some books written by Eloisa James (the new ones!)
marami pang iba.

contemporary:

pamela clare
lisa kleypas pa rin :lol:
linda howard
julie james (chick lit)
marami pang iba

check amazon and goodreads for review ratings at least para malaman mo kung ano ang mas uunahin mo.

you can post it here also (if you have TBR prepared na) and we will point you in the right direction.

haha. ngayon ko lang ito nabasa itong post.

yup definitely it should be a movie. i wonder what the morrigan will looks like, and oberon should have a big credit on this book. he' s so fuuny and horny for french poodles. im such a dog lover.

i like eva green (the sweet innocent portryal in James Bond not her current films or tv series) to play it. or charlize theron perhaps? basta someone that's beautiful but can be "evil".

seriously i heart Oberon :lol: buti na lang ang pouch ko for my kindle is from Oberon :lol:

will start book 2 this weekend :)

and btw...hmmm...sweet evil seems good ha. 3 na kayo na nagrecommend! maDL nga.

and slayze thanks akala ko ako lang ang may ayaw sa Beautiful Disasater :lol:

charlize theron indeed but she have to dye her hair black, i dont know if it will look good. i want mila kunis, maybe because i want to see her naked :) (i'm not a tomboy, but her big eyes seems hot)

Sweet evil, definitely 2 thumbs up. sweet, innocent and angelic si girl at handsome, playboy, evil si guy. a good story though, too bad wala pang sequel. 4.22 ratings sa goodreads, over 3k ang nag rate.

^ the first time it (sweet evil) was recommended i checked the recommendation in amazon and goodreads, pero alam mo naman ako (assuming :lol: ) may pagkaallergic sa YA :lol:

big eyes = EVA GREEN! problem is her eyes is more of psychotic :lol: though i find her really pretty :) and she's willing to bare it all :D

btw, any news if this was optioned to a movie? also, the first time i saw the cover of Hounded, he looks like the guy in I am no. 4.

^ the first time it (sweet evil) was recommended i checked the recommendation in amazon and goodreads, pero alam mo naman ako (assuming :lol: ) may pagkaallergic sa YA :lol:

big eyes = EVA GREEN! problem is her eyes is more of psychotic :lol: though i find her really pretty :) and she's willing to bare it all :D

btw, any news if this was optioned to a movie? also, the first time i saw the cover of Hounded, he looks like the guy in I am no. 4.

Why naman allergic sa YA? Maraming maganda pero mostly dami ma emo. I hate it. Sayang oras. Like nun last na basa ko, this is not a test. I tried to read it. Nakaka inis yung first part, dami arte, nawalan ako gana tapusin, pero eventually tinapos na din, sayang nasimulan na kasi, still hindi ko parin na appreciate, consider mataas rating sa goodreads. First time ako na disappoint sa goodreads.

Hawt nun cover photo ng iron druid chronicles. Medyo ma bore ka sa last book na released, tricked ata un, pero sa una lang. Wala ako balita na opted for movie. Pero sana.

OT chismis, rob and stewart are done. Cant believe she cheated on him. Funny I read in 9gag, better love story than twilight

first of all i don't like simpering/helpless/emotional girls. and most YA stories goes like that. :lol: naiirita kasi ako kapag ganun.

there are books however na okay lang sa simula yung ganung plot, pero by middle i should see the growth of the girl (toughening up) like in Perfect Chemistry.

and another i hate (with a passion hehe) stories where the girl is torn between 2 guys (kasalanan ng twilight ito :lol: ).

and robsten breaking up? good for them :lol: do anyone knows if kristen cheated on her previous bf before she hooked up with robert? if she did before, then there's no doubt she can do it again

Last edited:

first of all i don't like simpering/helpless/emotional girls. and most YA stories goes like that. naiirita kasi ako kapag ganun.

like? para ma avoid ko na at ma delete sa line up, ngayon ako ginaganahan mag basa ulit ng tuloy tuloy. and maganda ba Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill yun na sunod ko naka line up

and another i hate (with a passion hehe) stories where the girl is torn between 2 guys (kasalanan ng twilight ito ).

agree, there a lot better stories than twilight, i wonder why i was picked to be a movie, sayang yung ibang novels na mas worth maging movies :(

and robsten breaking up? good for them do anyone knows if kristen cheated on her previous bf before she hooked up with robert? if she did before, then there's no doubt she can do it again
she's a lost cause

like? para ma avoid ko na at ma delete sa line up, ngayon ako ginaganahan mag basa ulit ng tuloy tuloy. and maganda ba Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill yun na sunod ko naka line up

nasimulan ko dati ang chicagoland...pero ewan ko may napick up yata ako na book na iba kaya nahinto ko ang pagbabasa nun. it was funny though. a self-deprecating heroine if i remember it right.

i like snarky H/H! :lol:

books i stopped reading halfway or even earlier: moreno brothers series, vincent boys...marami pang iba! di ko na pinag-abalahang tandaan!

anyways, feel free guys to comment if you think i should pick up the books again.

agree, there a lot better stories than twilight, i wonder why i was picked to be a movie, sayang yung ibang novels na mas worth maging movies :(

to be fair naman with twilight, i think the book/s have something what you can call it factor. problem is (sa akin lang naman!) i really don't like how Bella is portrayed, book and movie wise. anyways, this discussion on twilight books and movies are moot point because both have amassed millions (or billions?) na. :upset: :lol:

and twilight part 2 - Fifty Shades :noidea: :lmao: now this, really, promise...i don't understand :lol: and now there are books sprouting left and right doing the same plot (sylvia day and others).

and dammit! everything now comes in 3/trilogy! joskongmahabagin!

guys...please ignore me. hindi ko lang talaga gusto both series. walang impact sa akin kundi ihinto ang pagbabasa nito. and btw, i am not a prude! :lol: nagbabasa rin ako ng mga nakapost sa ellora thread ;)

hey everyone! share ko lang some of my reads..:p

Callum and Harper by Fisher Amelie - haaaaaaaaay..:wub: can a couple be any more adorable than these two? seriously, Callum and Harper has 'Meant to Be' :wub: written all over them, from start to finish. The kind wherein walang Callum kung walang Harper na kasama. Puto-dinuguan kumbaga..:lol:

And swear Callum owned the end of this book. Heart-wrenching! :weep: Medyo frustrating lang ang ibang circumstances, but swear, worth the read!

I can imagine this book giving inspiration to kids with the same situation as Callum and Harper's so bravo for that!

Zero Sight Series by B. Justin Shier - this one's guy POV, and holy bananas was it hilarious! Very Harry Potter-ish but with a lot more action, and I mean the gory, gritty, bloody kind. Snarky dialogue, mix of science and magic type of read, I didn't understand half of the science terms I was reading but I didn't care.

I know you guys dislike weak heroines but I assure you guys, here the female is definitely NOT weak, she's the epitome of bad-ass actually, scary even. :lol:

As for the male lead, Aliw basahin ang POV nya. He's kinda the bad boy science nerd, attractive but oblivious to that fact kinda guy. YUM! :D

Something Like Normal by Trish Doller - guy POV too! (yay!) emotional emotional emotional, but written in a surprisingly light way. Sweet and angst-y! I read this in one sitting. Now this is where great editing comes through for me. Some books have lots of unnecessary scenes just to make a book longer, ugh! but not with this one! Its a short read, but super packed.

Its about the guy returning from war and dealing with the things he experienced during said war, and things he left before he left for war (family etc.).

Now, if i ever had a doubt about having a thing for men in uniform, this book erased those doubts :lol:. I was even crushing on the dead best friend (creepy ba!? haha!) pero kasi he's the kind of guy whom you just know is somehting else based on the lead's flashbacks. waaaah I was really affected by his death. dinibdib ko talaga. :p

Love the flashbacks btw. super vivid you can't help but be affectionate towards these soldiers, for me, they set the whole feel on the why the lead guy is messed up like that.

Between the Lines Series by Tammara Webber
- For me, the first book was an eh, so-so book for me. I now fondly refer to it as a prequel, because it sets the tone, introduces the characters, etc. of the whole series. Pretty important so please don't skip it if you're planning to read the series. :p

Good thing I read Easy first bec. it gave me faith towards the author's writing. True enough the 2nd and esp. the 3rd are waaaaay better, the author whose writing I fell in love with in Easy are in these two books! :yipee:

I really love Webber's writing. May purpose. She has points she wants to get across, and she does it very well. She has these feminist tendencies she manages to infuse into her novels. Girl Power YEAH!!!

And I also love her bec. she introduced Reid Alexander to me. I have never read anyone like him. Total jerk, absolutely spoiled, and seriously messed up and flawed for two whole books! Buuuuuuuuuut she managed to make me intrigued with this enigmatic character, and yes maybe even like him, very reluctantly. And just when you think he's nonredeemable, the 3rd book comes and whoooosh! You are swept off your feet by the perfection of his redemption. :lol:

whoops sorry guys super haba na naman ng post ko..:p

Last edited:

^ nasa TBR ko pala ang Between the Lines ni Tammara! i liked her Easy so hopefully magustuhan ko rin ito. thanks for reminding me!

@zelle, are you done with Thomas & January? Fisher Amelie's as well. Actually dko p nbasa Callum & Harper hahaha. I hope you'll like it. Im in love with Thomas. :p

Has anyone read How To Kill A Rockstar - Tiffanie Debartolo. :) i loveeeeee Paul. I got the hots for men who carries guitar. Haha. Kilig lng sorry...

Sweet Evil, i liked it too. :)

@maysapaw - hopefully! ako I loved the 3rd book best..:)

@letletm - hey! unfortunately not yet..:( coz I can't get over Callum & Harper just yet..pero hopefully soon!

re:How To Kill A Rockstar - I started this one, but silly me I peeked at the ending :kainis:, sooooo tuloy ko nalang sa susunod..:p

-----
btw, just finished reading..

Crash by Nicole Williams - definitely for fans of bad boys, tortured souls etc.,if you loved Beautiful Disaster there's a good chance you'll love this one too..ang dami ding kilig moments..:)

The Storyteller by Antonia Michaelis - read this a while ago na. This story blew me away, beautiful and haunting. The kind that stays with you for a long time. Super worth the read. The weaving of the story within the story is really remarkable.

Halu everyone! I miss ya all!! ^_^ Grabe, super na busy this month that I haven't had the chance to post stuff here. I've read hmm.. just 15 books (I think) for this month-- for me this is low. Bukas ko nalang ipopost yung reco's.

Grabe ang daming news noh. BELLA - EDWARD breakup. Ohwell. Darknight shooting - shucks :( .. fifty shades movie hype -- Which btw, I find unnecessary even thought I like fifty.

So there. Yan muna, padaan lang. Tomorrow na yung iba. :)

xoxo

So here I am again guys! ^_^

First of, I started watching GOT because of this thread.. so THANK YOU SO MUCH! grabe, I love it! Too bad hindi ko matulou tuloy ang panunuod. BTW, what d'you guys think is better? READ the book or listen to audiobook ng GOT? I truly want to find out what happened in the book.

Here's my other reco's:

1. I finished the last two books of THE IRON DRUID CHRONICLES. I totally recommend the audiobook! It's awesome. :) Ang galing parin ng plot... and next up... LOKI!!! :clap:

2. THE COVENANT SERIES by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Looking for a KICKASS girl? THIS IS FOR YOU! Meron ding love triangle pero I promise, it's all good. :)

3. MY LIFE NEXT DOOR by Hunyley Fitzpatrick - Nice, sweet story... with a twist. I think this is good especially if you also have a big family. Makakarelate ka. :)

4. BEAUTIFUL BEAST by Cindy C. Benett and CURSE GIRL by Kate Avery Ellison - I think these are both good remakes of "Beauty and the Beast". :)

5. THE ARCHERS OF AVALON by Chelsea Fine - Full of action... and frustrating moments pero worth the time din because of the story. You'd want a happy ending for all of them.

6. BREATHE by Kristen Ashley -HOT! SUPER GANDA NG STORY! please read it... I really love KA... :) Para kasing ang galing nya gumawa ng hero. . .nakaka in love. :yipee:

7. WHILE IT LASTS by Abbi Glines - Sabi nga ng author, hindi ito actually YA. I just finished this yesterday. Mejo mabilis yung pacing pero okay naman yung story. :)

~~Ayan! I hope you guys can read some of them.

Last edited:

Hey guys, could you recommend me a book that's similar to MWT's Queen's Thief and Jennifer Nielsen's The False Prince?

hi slayze, sorry i have nothing to recommend since both books are YA :D

next comment, my gulay, ang daming books ngayong August 7! may 3 agad akong ipipila (Lisa Kleypas, Julie Garwood and Kendare Blake). i am so giddy with excitement. thank goodness we have a long holiday next week...assuming i can wait till then to read these books :lol:

anyways, hopefully all of you my beloved book sisters (and bros) who live in metro manila area are all okay. i have been reading news and tweets about the moonson rains and the flooding that is happening in all areas of MM and other regions. make sure that you keep and carry with you only the important things and disregard those appliances (even your kindle/ebook reader :lol:) when the need to evacuate arise. nothing is more important than your life and those you care about.

God bless Philippines!

Last edited:

hi slayze, sorry i have nothing to recommend since both books are YA :D

next comment, my gulay, ang daming books ngayong August 7! may 3 agad akong ipipila (Lisa Kleypas, Julie Garwood and Kendare Blake). i am so giddy with excitement. thank goodness we have a long holiday next week...assuming i can wait till then to read these books :lol:

anyways, hopefully all of you my beloved book sisters (and bros) who live in metro manila area are all okay. i have been reading news and tweets about the moonson rains and the flooding that is happening in all areas of MM and other regions. make sure that you keep and carry with you only the important things and disregard those appliances (even your kindle/ebook reader :lol:) when the need to evacuate arise. nothing is more important than your life and those you care about.

God bless Philippines!

Anong Julie Garwood book ang lalabas this month??? di ko alam yun ah! but whatever it is, I'll definitely read it!!! I'm also waiting for Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Love Unrehearsed by Tina Reber, tsaka yung Dream Lake ni LK!:excited:

:thanks:

currently reading Chloe Neill ' s Chicagoland Vampires Series, seems ok for me, kick ass heroine and yummy vampire masters works for me. pero shift muna ako, kakalabas lang ng anna dress in blood 2

yesterday i started reading Julie Garwood's latest book, Sweet Talk....not because i consider it the best book out of the 3 i mentioned in my previous post but because I know that i will be disappointed with it....and..... i was not wrong. :upset:

around 1/3 of the book i decided to stop reading it, i don't feel any chemistry between the beautiful hero and heroine. the book is filled with cliche characters: beautiful, rich, hard-to-believe goodness of H/H, evil family, other evil villains, supporting characters that will probably have their own book as well, etc, etc. the worst of all? the narratives fell flat...the conversations fell flat....hayz.

did Julie Garwood had an accident prior to writing her recent contemporary books? because, if yes, then i can forgive her for these bland and poorly written books.

i guess, the next time i pick a new JG book, i will wait after a month of 2 from its release date so i can read the reviews first.

there are so many books out there...GOOD books...WONDERFUL books, that i am sorry to have even wasted my time with this book.

end rant :lol:

Last edited:

yesterday i started reading Julie Garwood's latest book, Sweet Talk....not because i consider it the best book out of the 3 i mentioned in my previous post but because I know that i will be disappointed with it....and..... i was not wrong. :upset:

around 1/3 of the book i decided to stop reading it, i don't feel any chemistry between the beautiful hero and heroine. the book is filled with cliche characters: beautiful, rich, hard-to-believe goodness of H/H, evil family, other evil villains, supporting characters that will probably have their own book as well, etc, etc. the worst of all? the narratives fell flat...the conversations fell flat....hayz.

did Julie Garwood had an accident prior to writing her recent contemporary books? because, if yes, then i can forgive her for these bland and poorly written books.

i guess, the next time i pick a new JG book, i will wait after a month of 2 from its release date so i can read the reviews first.

there are so many books out there...GOOD books...WONDERFUL books, that i am sorry to have even wasted my time with this book.

end rant :lol:

I agree with you. I finished the book last night and I decided that this is the last JG contemporary book I'll read. Sana Historical na lang sinulat nya...tsk.tsk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom