Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

^ dali read mo naman ang kay Lisa Kleypas (Dream Lake). i started it right after dropping JG. it is another sweet story like Rainshadow Road with a touch of whimsy/mystic. relaxing lang basahin not the same caliber as her historicals and her contemporary featuring the Travis family (i want Joe Travis book NOW! :lol: ).

next up Kendare Blake's Girl of Nightmares.

^ Yeah, I've read it too, LK is really exploring the "magical realism" genre. I think it was an okay read. Sino kaya partner ni Justine sa Crystal Cove? hmmm... Meron ba talagang Book for Joe Travis?

^ i suppose yung techie guy na magseset-up ng retreat house (?) sa dream lake?

a lot of LK's fans are asking her to write a book for Joe. it will be a question of will be it a full-length book or a novellette? my opinion....Full length please :)

^ i suppose yung techie guy na magseset-up ng retreat house (?) sa dream lake?

a lot of LK's fans are asking her to write a book for Joe. it will be a question of will be it a full-length book or a novellette? my opinion....Full length please :)

Dapat full-length din kay Joe! hehe... baka nga yung gamer ang partner ni Justine kasi dun sa excerpt eh ini-scan ba naman ng witch mom nya yung grimoire. Pati mga witch techie na:lol:

Sa mga wonderful contributors aka book genies, sana mai-share po ninyo agad yung Onyx... :pray:

TIA!

Last edited:

Finished girl of nightmares. Ayaw ko ng ending. Nakakainis. Ahaha. Sumakit ang ulo ko. Pero ok yung book. I still prefer book 1.

just finished with the fifty shades of grey trilogy

awsome book and i cant put it down. 4 lng eh tpos ko na. heheh

highly recommended! :yipee:

hopefully may mag post din ng bared into you ni sylvia day:help:

^ napost na ata yan. try searching for it in fiction forum.

----------------

i recently read Abbi Gline's While it Lasts and i find it cute (you can tell me I told you so :lol: ). sayang lang di masyadong maganda yung backstory nung guy. di masyadong naexplain kung bakit sya ganun (may backstory pero nabababawan ako).

i will read Because of Low baka nandun yung story hehe.

i love obsidian. daemon is so hot. :). 3 chapters pa lang ako, na hooked na talaga ako

^ napost na ata yan. try searching for it in fiction forum.

----------------

i recently read Abbi Gline's While it Lasts and i find it cute (you can tell me I told you so :lol: ). sayang lang di masyadong maganda yung backstory nung guy. di masyadong naexplain kung bakit sya ganun (may backstory pero nabababawan ako).

yup, sa Because of Low naintroduce si Cage York kaya try mo basahin

i love obsidian. daemon is so hot. :). 3 chapters pa lang ako, na hooked na talaga ako

Maganda yang Obsidian! I loved daemon! haha, I just finished Onyx at grabe mas HOT ang scenes nila ni Kat... kakalungkot lang yung ending. Napansin ko lang medyo may pagka-Significance (by Shelly Crane) pagdating sa Chapter 4 nung Onyx...yung connection ni Kat at Daemon eh parang yung IMPRINT nila Maggie at Caleb...parehas pa sila ng mga model ng book cover:lol:

Parang andun nga kaya lang hindi din naman detailed.. I hope you like Low and Marcus! :)

@lycan

Atticus "the flirt/playboy/boyoldtoy" O'Sullivan :lol:

im halfway the first book and it's like an older/mature version of HP.

i'm just thinking they can turn this into movie....problem is the lead guy should not age fast :lol:

and i love Oberon!

I totally agree! Sa audiobook palang I've been imagining it as a movie. Super humorous nila noh? Sana they really make this into one.

Maganda yang Obsidian! I loved daemon! haha, I just finished Onyx at grabe mas HOT ang scenes nila ni Kat... kakalungkot lang yung ending. Napansin ko lang medyo may pagka-Significance (by Shelly Crane) pagdating sa Chapter 4 nung Onyx...yung connection ni Kat at Daemon eh parang yung IMPRINT nila Maggie at Caleb...parehas pa sila ng mga model ng book cover:lol:

I finished it kanina lang! All I can say is I love everything about it except /spoiler/ yung namatay si Adam! dammnnn bat kelangan nya mamatay diba? wawa naman si Dee /end of spoiler/

hey everyone! share ko lang some of my reads..:p

Callum and Harper by Fisher Amelie - haaaaaaaaay..:wub: can a couple be any more adorable than these two? seriously, Callum and Harper has 'Meant to Be' :wub: written all over them, from start to finish. The kind wherein walang Callum kung walang Harper na kasama. Puto-dinuguan kumbaga..:lol:

And swear Callum owned the end of this book. Heart-wrenching! :weep: Medyo frustrating lang ang ibang circumstances, but swear, worth the read!

I can imagine this book giving inspiration to kids with the same situation as Callum and Harper's so bravo for that!

Zero Sight Series by B. Justin Shier - this one's guy POV, and holy bananas was it hilarious! Very Harry Potter-ish but with a lot more action, and I mean the gory, gritty, bloody kind. Snarky dialogue, mix of science and magic type of read, I didn't understand half of the science terms I was reading but I didn't care.

I know you guys dislike weak heroines but I assure you guys, here the female is definitely NOT weak, she's the epitome of bad-ass actually, scary even. :lol:

As for the male lead, Aliw basahin ang POV nya. He's kinda the bad boy science nerd, attractive but oblivious to that fact kinda guy. YUM! :D

Something Like Normal by Trish Doller - guy POV too! (yay!) emotional emotional emotional, but written in a surprisingly light way. Sweet and angst-y! I read this in one sitting. Now this is where great editing comes through for me. Some books have lots of unnecessary scenes just to make a book longer, ugh! but not with this one! Its a short read, but super packed.

Its about the guy returning from war and dealing with the things he experienced during said war, and things he left before he left for war (family etc.).

Now, if i ever had a doubt about having a thing for men in uniform, this book erased those doubts :lol:. I was even crushing on the dead best friend (creepy ba!? haha!) pero kasi he's the kind of guy whom you just know is somehting else based on the lead's flashbacks. waaaah I was really affected by his death. dinibdib ko talaga. :p

Love the flashbacks btw. super vivid you can't help but be affectionate towards these soldiers, for me, they set the whole feel on the why the lead guy is messed up like that.

Between the Lines Series by Tammara Webber
- For me, the first book was an eh, so-so book for me. I now fondly refer to it as a prequel, because it sets the tone, introduces the characters, etc. of the whole series. Pretty important so please don't skip it if you're planning to read the series. :p

Good thing I read Easy first bec. it gave me faith towards the author's writing. True enough the 2nd and esp. the 3rd are waaaaay better, the author whose writing I fell in love with in Easy are in these two books! :yipee:

I really love Webber's writing. May purpose. She has points she wants to get across, and she does it very well. She has these feminist tendencies she manages to infuse into her novels. Girl Power YEAH!!!

And I also love her bec. she introduced Reid Alexander to me. I have never read anyone like him. Total jerk, absolutely spoiled, and seriously messed up and flawed for two whole books! Buuuuuuuuuut she managed to make me intrigued with this enigmatic character, and yes maybe even like him, very reluctantly. And just when you think he's nonredeemable, the 3rd book comes and whoooosh! You are swept off your feet by the perfection of his redemption. :lol:

whoops sorry guys super haba na naman ng post ko..:p

Another Callum lover! ^_^ I love their story. Have you read Thomas & January din? It's nice din!
Yung Between the Lines is it like Gossip Girl wherein nagkakapalit sila ng bf/gf? Matagal na kasing nasa TBR ko yung pero I'm just not into "pasahan ng gf/bf".
I'll definitely read Something Like Normal. Thanks for recommending! :)

~I also read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. It's good. Not really what I was expecting pero ang ganda. If you miss reading about kickass girl assassins like Katsa of Graceling, this one's for ya. Yun nga lang, since ang setting ay "contest" for being the King's champion... she doesn't really get to kill a lot of people. I'm hoping that this one gets better on the next book. The love part is even intriguing. Para kasing love triangle na hinde. :lol: I dunno. But anyway, the plot is good. Nakakatuwa naman iimagine yung kingdom made of glass and yung iba pang places dito. So there.. I hope you guys can read this. :)

~At last, I also finished the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. I had an audiobook so mejo natagalan. It's just..... hmm.. amazingly well thought of. Super adventure talaga and ang ganda ng ending nila. Kids should really read Riordan's books. Ang saya lang .. ;)

^ lol, pareho tayo, hanggang ngayon upset ako sa nangyari... okay na sana eh, kawawa naman si Dee.

BTW, I just finished Between The Lines by Tammara Webber, ayun, disappointing sya, i might not read the next book. Hindi naman pasahan ng bf/gf, nagkataon lang na may past yung hero (Reid) with one of their co-stars.

Last edited:

^ Akala ko nga /spoiler/ mabubuhay ulit eh! I don't know what the purpose is for that to happen.. parang hmm.. awkward na sila siguro ni Dee sa next book./endofspoiler/..

oooohhh why oh why? Anu nanyare sa Between the lines? Tama ba? Is it like GG na nagswap bf/gf? I wanna give it a shot pero ayokong basahin pa yung next book para maging okay ang lahat y'know?

Last edited:

Hindi naman pasahan ng bf/gf, nagkataon lang na may past yung hero (Reid) with one of their co-stars.

oooohh I see... bad ending?

^ Akala ko nga /spoiler/ mabubuhay ulit eh! I don't know what the purpose is for that to happen.. parang hmm.. awkward na sila siguro ni Dee sa next book./endofspoiler/..

oooohhh why oh why? Anu nanyare sa Between the lines? Tama ba? Is it like GG na nagswap bf/gf? I wanna give it a shot pero ayokong basahin pa yung next book para maging okay ang lahat y'know?

Ay pareho tayo! kasi nung last part diba nung dumating sila Kat at Daemon tapos sinalubong sila ni Dee:slap:.... basta UNFAIR!:weep: lalong maiinis sina Ash at Andrew kay Kat... baka nga maging awkward sila ni Dee.

Lots of readers loved Reid because he's a bad boy, pero ako hindi ko sya nagustuhan kasi he's a jerk until the end. Okay lang yung ending, pero kailangan talaga may anak din si Graham? :slap: Okay lang sana kung si Reid lang, pero dapat meron din daw si Graham, hehe. Ayun, basta fail sakin yung BTL.

Last edited:

i just got SLAMMED. I finished the book in one seating and I am too overwhelmed right now. Grabe I cried at every chapter. in each chapter ata there's a scene that you would just have to let your tears fall. It has been while since Ive read a book like this.

Wala lang share ko lang. hehe ;) Thank you for the recos ;)

@maysapaw - since you gave permission...told ya! :p there are nice reads naman in the YA section, you just have to look real close..:lol:

yup, Cage York was introduced in Because of Low, but no detailed back story, just that they (Cage and Low) grew up in a rough neighborhood. Hope you'll like Because of Low too! :)

@lycan - waaaaahhh, totally agree! Daemon is the hottest alien on Earth..haha! Obsidian changed my whole perspective on aliens..:D I'm now reading Onyx..

@yche & novel - yes! just read Thomas & January and I love it too! Complete opposite sila nila Callum & Harper pero they're story is just as lovable..

re: Between the Lines - nope, not exactly Gossip Girl-ish..may past lang si Reid as novel has said..I too, was disappointed sa BTL, of the 3 books I like this one the least. and yes Reid was a jerrrrrk till the end..even in the 2nd book which actually picks up right where BTL left off..the beauty for me here, is that Webber sets her readers to hate Reid to all depths of hell, and then she presents you the 3rd one..grabe, I really hated Reid at first but after reading the 3rd one, I was like, well deym, may pag-asa pa pala!

and I also almost didn't read the 2nd one if not for Easy, hindi ko matanggap na baka tsamba lang ang pagkasulat ni author ng Easy, so I decided to read the 2nd book, and now I'm really glad I did or else I would've been missing out..:)

------
btw, some o' my reads are:

While It Lasts by Abbi Glines - Glines really knows how to make these southern boys real attractive. hihi! But I gotta say that I loved Because of Low better, for me mas likable si Low than the heroine in this novel..and Marcus and Low's love story din..oh well, I'm still going to read the next one..

Thomas & January by Fisher Amelie - hihi..I'm kinda loving the vibe of this series..I think plan ni author na i-portray ang different kinds of love..while Callum & Harper is the love at first sight meant to be, kinda thing, this one is the love hate kind of love story..ang cuuuuuuuuute nilang dalawa..haha..:D

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - if you love the Graceling type of world/read, this one's for you..I've been wanting to read this since last year, for me medyo bitin..I wish the 2nd book comes out soon coz it failed to satisfy me in a way, kasi hinati-hati yata ang original story kaya medyo hindi action-packed..I wish I can get to read the original story..feeling ko may pagka Divergent ang pacing..slow ang first book, then magbu-buildup in the next books..keeping my fingers crossed..:pray:

The original was a twist on Cindirella, but now I'm not sure if that's still the case, but if it is, I gotta say that I love Cinder more..

The Academy by Emmaline Andrews - a very Hana Kimi, Babe in Boyland read, but in an intergalactic kinda way :p, and more serious too coz this one tackles bullying..This one made me miss Hana Kimi, marewatch nga! I love it..Aliw basahin, I really admire the heroine's courage, and her love for her brother..super awwwww..

Last edited:

i am almost finish with Because of Low. it was....okay.

i like While it Last more, with the exception of one incident in the book, than BoL. and kahit papaano, Cage's background was discussed in BoL more than in WiL (punching bag, step-dad, etc).

btw, before BoL, i tried reading again The Vincent Boys, pero wala syang dating talaga sa akin...at the same time, i'm getting the feel na how Abbi Glines' writes, so after BoL shift muna ulit ako sa ibang writer.

si Simone Elkeles ba walang bagong book?

Last edited:

^ nakuu yung next book ni Simone Elkeles eh sa 2013 pa lalabas.. hmpf.. First book sa fullriders series nya about football players.

@zelle - I still haven't decided yet kung babasahin ko sya (BTL). We shall see ^_^ Anywayy... Throne of Glass = awesome plot right? mejo mabagal nga and wala ganong fight scenes. Sana mas okay yung next book and sana si prince ang makatuluyan nya.. pero actually okay din naman yung Captain ng Guards.. so I guess okay lang kahit sino hahaha. omg I'm torn between the two of them. haha.

2 na nag reco ng Throne of Glass, gusto ko syang basahin kaso series na naman! haha, wala bang stand alone? parang puro series na lang or trilogy nagsisilabasan na books lately...nakakainip maghintay:slap:

Back
Top Bottom