Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

I've undergone medical yesterday kasi and ung 3 tries na un puro High Blood ung result ng BP, Nabobother lang ako. still I have more time pa naman to relieve kasi August 22 pa start ko. Thanks anyway.

Re: How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are welcome h

super thankful ako sa thread na toh dami ko natutunan hehehe....
experience ko sa WS ko this day:
-SUPER AVAIL kaya nakakapagpost dito sa symbianize hahaha at buti na lang hindi bawal :)
-hindi stressful tong araw na toh kase kahit papano wala pa naman akong natatanggap na irrate caller
-sad kase lahat ng close ko sa team namin nalipat sa ibang program:( loner na ako..
-ngayong araw natutunan ko na "CHANGE IS THE ONLY PERMANENT IN THIS JOB" hehehe

teh esh ok lang ba if magupdate ako ng daily experience ko dito sa work?hehehe
daily diary ko tong thread na toh about sa work :)

Sa amin siguro ang too much avail. Pag 1-3 minutes lang na avail, queuing na sa amin yun. :lol: One time we had a two-hour avail time. :D Usuall avail time namin is 10-12 minutes in between calls.

Sarap naman.. Anong account yan ser?

Macys Account pala.

penge naman ng mga iq exams, aptitude tests, typing exams na programs nyo... mag aaply kasi ako

I've worked for a call center before so this thread caught my interest and I tried to back read. I haven't even gone as far as 2 pages and I already have a headache from reading too many grammar lapses.

I'm not trying to troll or anything. I just think that as call center agents, you owe it to yourselves to improve your English skills. I hope this topic doesn't only help people find jobs in the BPO industry but to also help those same people keep their jobs by being good at what they do. And yes, that includes grammar and diction.

wow esh and padrepio kainggit naman
sakin queue palagi
3 to 12 sched ko..absorb sandamakmak na calls haha

thanks hope so matuto ako in my self study hahaha matuto naman kaya ako?

I've worked for a call center before so this thread caught my interest and I tried to back read. I haven't even gone as far as 2 pages and I already have a headache from reading too many grammar lapses.

I'm not trying to troll or anything. I just think that as call center agents, you owe it to yourselves to improve your English skills. I hope this topic doesn't only help people find jobs in the BPO industry but to also help those same people keep their jobs by being good at what they do. And yes, that includes grammar and diction.

well we cant bash them out for being imperfect. But i have to agree with you because if you cant even produce a decent english grammar in posting in forums where you have all the time to write and contemplate on ideas including proper grammar what more when your facing a frown faced ohr expecting you to sell your self to him/her.

Well i have a 3-4 record in applying on bpo's so i can still f*ck up when i decide to find a new company.

Sa amin siguro ang too much avail. Pag 1-3 minutes lang na avail, queuing na sa amin yun. :lol: One time we had a two-hour avail time. :D Usuall avail time namin is 10-12 minutes in between calls.

sir graveyard na ba yang shift mu????sarap naman nyan sa avail. . .kaya minsan gsuto ko din ng morning shift para hindi baha sa tawag. . .:rain:

well we cant bash them out for being imperfect. But i have to agree with you because if you cant even produce a decent english grammar in posting in forums where you have all the time to write and contemplate on ideas including proper grammar what more when your facing a frown faced ohr expecting you to sell your self to him/her.

Well i have a 3-4 record in applying on bpo's so i can still f*ck up when i decide to find a new company.

True and as I've mentioned, my intention was not to troll. Call center agents here are often compared to their Indian counterparts and it annoys me because I know Filipinos are marginally better English speakers, plus the fact that we have a neutral accent.

Kudos on that 3-4 record!

Keys to become successful in the BPO Industry

1. Patience - you will need this especially if your BOSS came from HELL'S ASSHOLE.

2. Be a great LIAR - you need this just to satisfy your customer.

Example: Empathy and Sympathy

3. Learn how to KISS an ASS - if you want to get promoted then do this or just do it for the sake of not being the "target" or having a "Bull's Eye Mark"

4. Don't use your EMOTIONS - you can't use this because we Filipino's were born to do "ONSEHAN"

5. Be STUPID - always act like this! why? simple reason, if you're smart you're out!

masarap mag-work sa call center dahil above minimum pero kailangan talaga matibay ang sikmura mo..:lmao:

super thankful ako sa thread na toh dami ko natutunan hehehe....
experience ko sa WS ko this day:
-SUPER AVAIL kaya nakakapagpost dito sa symbianize hahaha at buti na lang hindi bawal :)
-hindi stressful tong araw na toh kase kahit papano wala pa naman akong natatanggap na irrate caller
-sad kase lahat ng close ko sa team namin nalipat sa ibang program:( loner na ako..
-ngayong araw natutunan ko na "CHANGE IS THE ONLY PERMANENT IN THIS JOB" hehehe

teh esh ok lang ba if magupdate ako ng daily experience ko dito sa work?hehehe
daily diary ko tong thread na toh about sa work :)

sure girl.. you can share your daily experiences here.. para magka-idea sila sa ating mundo.. :giggle:

honestly, i felt the pressure before when i started this thread.. not only because of having a thought that it might not be that helpful considering the fact that symbianize community is more on gadgets and technology.. but also for answering each and everyone's questions.. i'm happy that there are co-agents who are posting here and extending their help for this thread.. i salute you guys for that.. :salute:

i posted on the first page to use english as the main medium as a practice for those aspiring applicant as well.. however it can't be help since even in the real call center world.. we, as agents also use vernacular words in the office so that we can communicate in a much easier way..

i respect your feedback.. i'm not perfect in my english as well.. but for as long as i am being understood then that's fine with me.. hehe.. i'm very open to all the feedback and if you don't mind, you can correct me as well.. :)

Keys to become successful in the BPO Industry

1. Patience - you will need this especially if your BOSS came from HELL'S ASSHOLE.

2. Be a great LIAR - you need this just to satisfy your customer.

Example: Empathy and Sympathy

3. Learn how to KISS an ASS - if you want to get promoted then do this or just do it for the sake of not being the "target" or having a "Bull's Eye Mark"

4. Don't use your EMOTIONS - you can't use this because we Filipino's were born to do "ONSEHAN"

5. Be STUPID - always act like this! why? simple reason, if you're smart you're out!

masarap mag-work sa call center dahil above minimum pero kailangan talaga matibay ang sikmura mo..:lmao:

agree! especially for being a great LIAR.. hahaha.. sorry na lang sa mga customers na nabigyan ko ng wrong resolution at information.. :giggle:

Just failed an interview today with SiTEL.. pa-easy easy lang ako.. relax... pero nung behavioral palang narattle ako... Di ko alam siguro kasama na yung factor na maganda yung interviewer.. :D Now i found this thread.. Im going to start again.. Thanks TS! Hitted!

Just failed an interview today with SiTEL.. pa-easy easy lang ako.. relax... pero nung behavioral palang narattle ako... Di ko alam siguro kasama na yung factor na maganda yung interviewer.. :D Now i found this thread.. Im going to start again.. Thanks TS! Hitted!

thanks.. goodluck sa next try mo.. :)

noob question. ano ba work as a tech support? pareho lang din ba ng csr?
saka gaano katagal yung training nito?

saka kung bumagsak ka sa interview/exam pwede bang magapply ulit kunwari after 6mos try ulit?

magkaiba po ang TSR at CSR.. however may times na pwedeng mag-TSR ang CSR and vice versa.. depende sa account yan.. but mainly, TSR deals with technical concerns.. guiding customers on the troubleshooting process.. while CSr handles the bills, general inquiries and other non-tech concerns.. yun po.. ;)

I just failed when I tried on Sitel, hindi na ako bumalik. I end up frustrated. ahaha..

Another thing, wala pong past tense form ang word na "HIT".

noob question. ano ba work as a tech support? pareho lang din ba ng csr?
saka gaano katagal yung training nito?

saka kung bumagsak ka sa interview/exam pwede bang magapply ulit kunwari after 6mos try ulit?
Technical Support Representative (TSR), focuses of hardware / techincal issues /concerns ng inyong customers. You need tons of patience sa industry na ito, kasi minsan kapag nakaencounter ka ng makulit at irrate na customer, kakailanganin mo iyon. Masarap sa industry na ito, ehehe .. Ang Customer Service Representative (CSR), provides the 1st call resolution sa mga callers. As much as possible they will solve your concern at the 1st call basis. Bakit? Sukatan po ang quick response para matukoy ang kagalingan ng isang agent. Also, they will direct you to other people if necessary, like sa i-de-direct ka nila sa TSR or any person that can solve your concern.

zerorikki, peram ng mga sinabi mo ah? Thanks!
thanks po, san kaya magandang pumasok for beginners? may malapit samin teletech walking distance lang kaya lang sabi ng pinsan ko nagbebenta raw sila ng products ang mahirap nun may quota pa raw, naiimagine ko palang nappressure na ko :lol:

kasi yung kakilala ko nag-awol naman dun tapos pinsan ko nagresign kaya nagdadalawang isip ako kung dun ako magaapply
Sa call center kasi, hindi lahat nagbebenta, ang mga nagbebenta ay "Telemarketer" or Outbound Calls. Sa Outbound, the agent will initiate the call, collecting debts, reminding their client to pay their balance, selling product etc. Dyan ang may quota. Syempre may product training yun.
For beginners? I couldn't tell nor suggest one. Kasi nasa atmosphere mo iyan ng company, ng interviewer at sa iyo. As long as you have the guts and what it takes, go for it.
Sa kahit anong company po, ang pag-AWOL ay isang kasalanan, kasi ganito ang principle nyan: One's absence will affect everyone's productivity.

ano ba requirements sa techsupport? hindi kasi ako IT/CS grad but i'm willing to learn sanay naman ako sa pc. saka ano pala yung tinatawag nilang back office?
Techsupport, primarily kasi ang experience sa technical knowledge, from hardware, software, networking to the latest gadgets.

Back office? Yun ang out sourcing ng other company para ipagawa sa iba. Para makapag focus sila sa kanilang CORE BUSINESS. :)

Last edited:

All Tech Support positions provide a training. The length of the training differs with each company and account to be handled. There are those that really invest in training good agents while there are also those who just slap a manual and expect you to learn everything by heart.

Finding the right account and company for you is always a gamble which is why account hopping is common among agents.

If you have a technical background, like having a degree in CS and IT, it will be an advantage for you since some companies do require that. Although there are instances where having basic knowledge in computers is enough.

zero, if you're not really good at selling then you should think twice about applying. I suggest you research further on that particular account, maybe ask people who are already working there, so you wouldn't waste your time applying for a job you wouldn't enjoy. Not all sales account are the same. There are inbound accounts (where the clients call you), which I think is easier since having them call already proves they're interested in the product. Then there are the outbound accounts (telemarketers as they are popularly called), which is a bit harder since you would just be given leads to call. This is where your talent in lying and convincing will be put to good use.

chizcarl ano yung hinihiram mo? iniisip ko kung back office work nalang hanapin ko, kaya lang kapag call center agent ka may +

job fair na bukas haha
Ay, hindi mo napasin? ehehe .. Hiniram ko ang mga sinabi mo, yung naka-enclosed sa QUOTE. :)

Sa back office naman, ofcourse hindi mawawala ang skills. Basta dapat alam mo kung ano ang gusto mong work, hindi lang dahil sa indemand at malaki ang sahod. :)

hi magkano po kaya sweldo sa TSR pag Sykes???

Back
Top Bottom