Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@sticky feet: hi! i love the book. I watched it first, and thumbsup ako sa book. super kakaiyak.. :)

If you're looking for any new historical romance, try out what I'm currently reading: Unveiled by Courtney Milan. Really really great book. Am expecting one scene, thinking, "Oh this what's gonna happen next," and then I'd be delivered a different one instead. And guh-reat characters! Love love love it.

*run to amazon and checked the rating....ooohh....just 13 reviews, but 12 reviewers rated it 5/5 while the other one just rated it 4/5....hmmmm...not bad*

*searched symbianize...dl'd the book...hooked kindle in computer...loaded*

for others, here's the immediate link: http://www.symbianize.com/showpost.php?p=5102802&postcount=6082 :D

------

on a side note, i'm really :pray:ing that i will not be disappointed with the new Kresley Cole IAD book (im not really a Regin fan :lol:) and the upcoming Julie James book.....i mean...i can't help but anticipate feb 15 and march 1!

Last edited:

@ maysapaw: Wow, mataas pala rating ng Unveiled sa Amazon ha :clap:. Would definitely read Courtney Milan's other books.

I think this is the first time, if I remember it correctly, that I liked the hero more than the heroine (the heroine's characteristics are what is usually the norm for a great romance novel, so although she is extremely likeable, the hero's traits are quite unexpected, even from the beginning he keeps surprising me! And swoon-worthy ang mga lines niya kay heroine, kung may magsasabi sa 'kin ng ganun, ay naku that would be the day! :p).

Anyhow, medyo halfway na ko, nate-tempt nga ko mag-absent from work para lang matapos e :lol:. After this am gonna try Kresley Cole na, heehee, I dl'd A Hunger Like No Other (oh, and the short included in the omnibus as well - The Warlord Wants Forever ;) )

Last edited:

I'm also recommending Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin. Super read!

I started reading Just the Sexiest Man Alive...

After Julie James books, I'll start reading Kresley Coles books na...

Thanks for the recommendations...keep them coming... :D

^ tell us what your number 1 julie james (as if naman sobrang dami ng books nya, lol) :D

i think ako pa lang dito ang 1 eh someone like you...but all seems to be in agreement na practice makes perfect ang no. 3 (although it is still a pretty good read) :D

^ tell us what your number 1 julie james (as if naman sobrang dami ng books nya, lol) :D

i think ako pa lang dito ang 1 eh someone like you...but all seems to be in agreement na practice makes perfect ang no. 3 (although it is still a pretty good read) :D

1 ko is very obvious, Just the Sexiest Man Alive! :dance: Hehe (I liked the almost-movie feel of the book). I think Something About You shows how Julie matured with regards to her writing. :p And I loved Collin!

And yes, I agree, Practice Makes Perfect ang 3 ko. Still a great read, though.

^ PMP seems like the movie Ugly Truth to me....laywers instead of tv producers though :)

and yup, in SAY (lol, i got the title wrong in my post, hahaha), JJ writing seems to mature a lot. less 3rd/4th voice. still with funny sidekicks but not overpowering the leads. and i love Jack :lol:

@maysapaw and sticky-feet, I can't say yet kung anong Julie James ang #1 ko. I just finished Just the Sexiest Man Alive. I like it, ang daming funny quotes/lines. Nakakakilig din LOL...

But I'll let you all know once I finished reading her books. I'm reading Something About You next. ;)

Last edited:

Hello po everyone. Pasali :) nakakatuwa meron na palang ganitong thread. Matagal ko nang inaabangan na meron pong magstart. After having my nds, psp and ezreader, mejo updated na ako sa mga novels..unlike nung wala pa, booksale lang karamay ko. Super avid reader ako (i guess) so most of the titles na nakita ko dito eh nabasa ko na rin. ;)

Mas marami akong nababasang y/a fiction kaya mas madami akong recommendation na ganung genre.. :p

Y/A SERIES (paranormal, fantasy, romance etc)

images

HUNGER GAMES - MUST READ!!! haha, i'm soooo not exaggerating. For those who haven't read this series yet.. i implore you.. please do. Action, adventure, romance, a little bit of drama ...all in this series. Plus i'm looking forward to the movie version. Sana kasing ganda ng books... :pray:

images

MORTAL INSTRUMENTS - All types of paranormal/fantasy creatures are rounded in this series. Action/adventure/romance with a twist. Magiging movie din eto kaya i'm so happy...:yipee:

bluebloods.jpg

BLUE BLOODS - Kakaiba kasi yung story ng series na to. Full of intrigues and issues, tapos forbidden love pa and all. Parang Twilight meets gossip girl and the meets the luxe series. High society vamps kasi and all. anyway.. for me maganda sya. :)

images

GEMMA DOYLE SERIES - Very otherworldly. Pano ko ba to idescribe.. hmm... an enticingly intriguing exciting series.

images

MORGANVILLE VAMPIRES - Grabe, kung may favorite man akong vampire series, eto na yun. Medyo humaba yung kwento and natwist na ng natwist pero ohmg.. i can't complain. I love how Claire (the main character) evolved from a geeky type of student to a very strong archer braniac haha. yea archer. Basta i am so happy with this series especially with the two hot guys. Ok lang na si Shane ang love interest nya.. even though i personally think na mas hot si Michael.:lmao:

images

WINGS SERIES - Mejo typical na human-found-out-she's-a-fae pero kaibahan nga lang.. torn between two lovers sya (Laurel, the main character). As in torn talaga. I liked how the author decribed the places chaka yung mga characters kasi tlagang naiimagine ko. I'm looking forward sa third book (coming out on May). Sana si Tamani nalang ang piliin nya... :pray: I also found out na gagawin sana etong movie ng Disney...but oh, bakit si Miley Cyrus ang type nilang gawing Laurel? whyyy? :noidea:

body+finder+series.bmp

THE BODY FINDER SERIES - I love the bestfriend-turned-lovers theme. I also love a girl who can handle her self. Violet is really my type of heroine, except when she's being stubborn

images

HUSH HUSH SERIES- dito ko natanong sa sarili ko.. who's hotter? a vampire or a fallen angel? haha, i wouldn't compare this series to twilight. Iba sila. Patch is soo h.a.w.t :halo: sabi nga sa isang review sa goodreads.. "after meeting Patch of Halo, you'll be lik.. Edward who?" :lol:

images

IRON FEY SERIES - A typical faerie series at first glance. Complete with the winter and summer court.. Kaya lang full of twist and turns. Masaya basahin kasi fast paced and action - adventure. I love this series and sana someday maging movie din to. Hindi ko pa binabasa yung 3rd book kasi matagal pa lalabas yugn 4th book (ayoko mabitin). I can fairly say na unique yung kwento nya among all other faery novels.

images

MAXIMUM RIDE SERIES - at first i felt iffy reading this series..kasi kids sila who acts like almost adults. Pero i started loving it nung lumilipad na sila. Puro adventure all throughout. While reading this series.. i was thinking .. maganda siguro talaga magkaron ng wings haha, :lol: I LOVE THE RIDE :yipee:

images

GONE SERIES - Eto kakaiba talaga ang story. Imagine life without adults.. kids running the place and all. Lahat ng 15 years old and above eh nawala so the have to take over for themselves. And then some kids started showing super powers. All about survival ang series na to. :)

Y/A STAND ALONE (paranormal, fantasy, romance etc)

• Graceling - Kristin Cashore
  • Firelight - Sophie Jordan
  • The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff
  • Forgive My fins - Terra Lynn Childs
  • Halo - Alexandra Adornetto
  • Devoured - Amanda Marrone
  • Slayed - Amanda Marrone
  • Beastly - Alex Flinn
  • A kiss in time - Alex Flinn
  • Across the Universe - Beth Revis
  • Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins
  • Unearthly - Cynthia Hand
  • Across The Universe - Beth Revis
  • Timeless - Alexandra Monir

--->yung iba sa mga minention ko, may mga next na books pero not out yet.

Graceling and Firelight are sort of the same.. in a sense that both lead characters are not damsels in distress. They're both strong. Pero very different and stories nila. Graceling focuses on the"graces" (powers attached to you when you're born) while Firelight focuses on ..hmm.. dragons.

Beastly and A kiss in Time and Devoured are remakes (with a twist) of fairy tales. Beastly for Beauty and the beast, A kiss in time for sleeping beauty and Devoured for Snow White. All three are great feel-good reads. And of course, i am looking forward to Beastly the movie (kahit hindi ako vanessa hudgens fan.. ALEX PETTYFER is there so i WILL be first in line sa sinehan!!). Teaser here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Neo6W1f7hyY

Across the Universe is a breath of fresh air for me.. First time ko kasing magbasa ng sci-fi na book. And it never failed to amuse me. From the first turn of the page, i totally got hooked. I was rooting for the romance side of the story and it succeeded in every way! Also, yung mga descriptions ng author.. very easy to imagine kaya parang you're really there sa book. haha :lol:

Y/A SERIES (Contemporary)

faveesss2.jpg

PERFECT CHEMISTRY SERIES - Simone Elkeles
- Perfect talaga! actually, eto palang ang contemporary series na pang teens na nabasa ko. Super nakakakilig and may mga aral talaga na makukuha from the characters' experiences.

Y/A Stand Alone (Contemporary)

-I just started exploring this genre so i don't have much :p

• Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
  • The Secrets of Boys - Hailey Abott
  • Falling for Romeo - Jennifer Laurens
  • Forget You - Jennifer Echols
  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
  • Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins
  • Babe in Boyland - Jody Gehrman

i heard these books are also good (very good) so they're in my reading list::thumbsup:

The sky is everywhere - Jandy Nelson
Along for the ride - Sarah Dessen
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
Flipped - Wendelin Van Draanen
North of Beautiful - Justina Chen Headley

ROMANTIC NOVELS SERIES (Paranormal)

• DARK HUNTER SERIES - Sherrilyn Kenyon
fave: ACHERON
  • IMMORTALS AFTER DARK SERIES - Kresley Cole
fave: No rest for the Wicked, Dark Desires After Dusk, Pleasure of a Dark Prince,
  • LORDS OF THE UNDERWORLD - Gena Showalter
fave: Darkest Whisper
  • DEMONICA SERIES - Larissa Ione
fave: Passion Unleashed, Sin Undone
  • GUILD HUNTER SERIES - Nalini Singh
fave: Angels' Blood
  • BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD - J.R. Ward
fave: Dark Lover
  • LORDS OF DELIVERANCE - Larissa Ione
  • LOVE AT STAKE SERIES - Kerrelyn Sparks
fave: Be Still My Vampire Heart, All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire

ROMANTIC NOVELS SERIES (Contemporary)

favessss.jpg

DOMESTIC GODS SERIES by Robin Kaye - Hilarious, super nakakakilig and nakaka in love! My favorite would be the first book (Romeo, Romeo)

fasttrack.jpg

FAST TRACK SERIES by Erin McCarthy - The guys are so hot tapos nakakain love din.. I also love the first book, Flat-Out Sexy

pacificheat.jpg

PACIFIC HEAT SERIES by Jill Shalvis - Baseball, baseball! Fun, sexy and quite a light read. I love the second book - Slow Heat (i am in love with Wade! ^_^)

i heard maganda din daw etong mga series na to:

• Chicago Stars
  • The Travises

ROMANTIC NOVELS STAND ALONE (Contemporary)

• JUST THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE - Julie James
  • PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT - Julie James
  • SOMETHING ABOUT YOU - Julie James
  • THE RED DIARY - Toni Blake
  • BET ME - Jennifer Crusie
  • LETTERS TO A SECRET LOVER - Toni Blake
  • TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE - Kristan Higgins
  • LINE OF SCRIMMAGE - Marie Force
  • EVERYONE LOVES A HERO - Marie Force
  • A LOT LIKE LOVE - Julie James
  • THE PERFECT PLAY- Jaci Burton
  • TRUE NORTH - Marie Force
  • SADDLED AND SPURRED (Blacktop Cowboys, #2) - Lorelei James

I'm a big fan of Julie James.. My favorite is "Just the sexiest man alive"..napaka witty and nakaka "awwww" na book.

ROMANTIC NOVELS SERIES (Historical)

• THE BRIDGERTON FAMILY SERIES - Julia Quinn
  • MERRIDEW SISTERS SERIES - Anne Gracie

ROMANTIC NOVELS STAND ALONE (Historical)

Sinful - Charlotte Featherstone
-From the cover to the pages of the book.. hindi ko inexpect yung story nya to be so twisted. So far, eto palang nababasa kong stand alone sa genre na to.

Unveiled - Courtney Milan
-Loved this! i'm sure everyone will agree na kakaiba talaga yung effect ni Ash dito. He's like.. uhm.. one of my top top top heroes! :)

When The Beauty Tamed the Beast - Eloisa James
-Super hindi ko akalaing ganun yung mangyayari sa ending. I thought this was just some twisted version of Beauty and the beast.. well.. definitely not! i love it. Magugustuhan nyo yung ending..I swear!

Lord of Scoundrels - Loretta Chase
- Love - hate relationship. Its a really nice touching story!

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Highland Pleasures, #1) - Jennifer Ashley
- Very refreshingly touching novel. Maiinis ka, pero at the same time.. with Ian's p.o.v.. kikiligin ka and matatouch ka talaga. :)

ROMANTIC NOVELS SERIES (Action-Suspense)

• KGI (Kelly Group International) SERIES - Maya Banks
    -I adore their family. I actually want to be one of them!
  • BODYGUARDS SERIES - Cindy Gerard
    -hot hot hot bodyguards. Love them!

Well. this pretty much sums up my "favorites" list (ganto din ang arrangement ko sa ezreader and in my goodreads acct).

I'm currently reading the rest of the Maximum Ride books. :salute:

P.S: Almost all of the books i mentioned, dito ko nadownload sa Symbianize..so, many thanks to all uploaders. Kung wala kayo, hindi ko sila mababasa. Salamat po :giveheart::praise:

Cheers! :toast: :)

Last edited:

@ maysapaw: Started reading Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series (The Warlord Wants Forever - great start for a series, stayed up until 4am, gah! buti na lang walang pasok ngayon :beat:). Tiningnan ko sa FantasticFiction, holey moley 11 books pala siya. :slap: Hopefully I'll be able to read them all :pray:
Also thanks :salute: for recommending them! Ayoko pa basahin mga blurbs! I do like Lucia (have a thing for bow-wielding characters :))

I'm feeling a little disloyal to Nalini Singh (But now that I'm reading A Hunger Like No Other, I'm liking this series more than I did the Psy-Changelings). Am having some difficulty lang (always have) when I read characters with a Scottish brogue (I ken I should no' judge so verra easily :lol:). But so far so good.

@ yche: Thanks for the recommended reads!

I do have problems with reading some YA Paranormal/Fantasy with a tinge of romance esp the Fairy kind (One YA Fantasy am looking forward to reading is The Hunger Games trilogy though, so I can join the queue of screaming fans). Have been fooled by book covers (I have this "ooh, shiny!" take on them :upset:); I've read some with insipid main characters kasi that threw me off that side of the genre.

I'll include the Iron Fey series in my TBR. ;)

Last edited:

@sticky-feet i am so happy you like IAD :D (calling diokdin) for me the best books are 1-3, 8-9. while 4-6 are still good. btw, i don't count warlord as book 1, igsi lang kasi ng story eh. you can also skip the other mini-novel i think it is book 7 (?).

i also like lucia's story. quite different from others...and you will love garreth's persistance. (you can also skip from 1 book to another, except for 8,9 and the incoming 10th book)

:lol: on scottish brogue.

i'm excited for book 10 next week na!

well to be honest, IAD > Psy-Changeling. for me the best works of Nalini is the Guild Series, although nakaka umay din kasi same characters :lol:

Last edited:

Hey guys, di ako makakabasa ngayon, na busy kasi ako. May inaasikaso. I'll get back to the discussion after I get to read those books. I'm excited to start reading Kresley Coles with all the raves you guys have for it.

Sana matapos ko na itong ginagawa ko para I can get back to reading....

re: Scottish Brogue. LOL :lol: Sometimes I hear a scottish accent/voice while I'm reading the lines. But other times din di ko talaga makuha kaya nahihirapan ako to read it. So para mas ma understand ko yung line pagbinabasa ko walang scottish accent ang iniisip ko. Yeah, not the same... He he :D But it works for me...And I feel that Irish and Scottish accent is the same...sabi nila iba pero sometimes small line lang kulang parehas na sila.

@yche, about the Morganville Vampire series yung start sa series okay, but yung nagtagal. Ewan, di kona gusto. And I don't like Shane I rather Michael to be paired with Clare.

And thanks for the other recos I'll put it down on my TBR List....Hayyy sobrang dami na.

Last edited:

@sticky-feet - yea! hunger games is the best. :yipee: Ako rin dati, hindi ko feel yung mga novels na faeries ang characters, pero now, after iron fey series.. ok na ok na ;) And yesss, ako din dati.. i judge the book by its cover. Pag maganda yung cover, buy agad.. super impulse buyer and then i end up depressed kasi hindi worth it yung book.. Kaya ngayon i read reviews muna tlaga :)

@diokdin - hello po! :) Yes, super humaba nga po yung story. Hanggang 11 books nga sya i think. Ang dami nang naging twist and all. I guess type ko parin yung series kasi unpredictable. hehehe. i super like adventure books kasi. OO nga, sana si Michael nalang. But for me bearable naman po kahit hindi sya. So long as Claire gets to kick vamps' butts. ;)

for all the IAD fans... sino pinaka like nyo na lead guy? ako i think i like Sebastian the most. wala lang, :)

Last edited:

^ Bowen or Garreth i guess :lol: it must be becoz they are partnered with someone as stubborn as them.

Sebastian is too "yes dear" for me :lol:

Will definitely read julie james since you all loved it. Most of my recommended books are already posted here. But in addition,

I'm recommending Sherry Thomas. Discovered her when I found her ebook in my files while looking for something new to read. I was not expecting to like her book. But I loved it. Soon I was reading all her books. All the rave reviews about her books are all true. You know when the cover of a book quotes all kind of good reviews about it but just turns out to be a disappointment? In her case, they're all true.

Also Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok. You'll love it if you like inspiring stories about the hero/heroine overcoming odds to success.

Yey, No Rest For the Wicked na ko! Kay Daniela pala yung isang mini-novel.

@ maysapaw: I can't help it, I have to read them in their chronological order. :upset: Gusto ko nga i-skip dun sa mga ni-recommend mo, kaso I hate feeling that I might miss something. O-C, much?

And... I love Nix too!

Binasa ko nga yung blurb ng Guild, medyo nakakaumay nga kung sila pa din, pero who knows, baka well-written talaga, at maging mala-Sookie Stackhouse ang haba. ;)

@ diokdin: Naku, good luck with finishing things up! Curse the stuff that interfers with our reading!!! :ranting: (;))

@ yche: Nadi-disappoint ako sa trait ng mga lead male in general na madaling mag-jump to conclusions (Men!!!) about the female lead (therefore resulting to their ...not so nice treatment of ze ladies), and hopefully hindi ganun si Sebastian, chapter 1 pa lang ako ngayon e.

@ mohcandy: Loved Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas! I haven't read the rest of her historicals though, pero nakapila na ang Not Quite a Husband sa 'king Historical TBR. :)

Last edited:

@diokdin ooh...goodluck. sana matapos mo na ang mga kailangan mong gawin so you can get back to reading :D

@sticky-feet haha...okay lang yan (being OC :D) but seriously you can skip Daniela's story :lol:

Guild is quite dark (well..yun ang effect sa akin) but it has really a good story totally different from her psy-changeling series.

But since you are reading IAD...and you still have a long way to go, you can put it in your TBR list muna :)

@mohcandy i tried reading Sherry Thomas's His at Night, didn't quite like it...parang ang gulo nung story :(

@maysapaw: haha yeah i guess he's really like that. pero i like his intelligence and his persistence :)

@sticky-feet: haha, i won't give out anything. tell us who you like best after reading all the books ha. ;) oh and btw, Nix is such a darling. hahaha, i love her hilarious happy-ending loving character. natuwa nga ako when she had an appearance sa Lords of the Underworld eh.

just finished reading Unearthly.. i'm officially a member of TEAM TUCKER! :yipee:

@yche, yeah...ang dami ng book when in fact it can be shorten times two. 2 books can be read/compiled/written in 1 book. I especially don't like Kiss of Death bec the whole book can be put on the previous book, it's just a short story... :upset: I feel the same way with Claudia Grey, Evernight series. That was just bleh... :yuk: Though I love book 2 of that series. Stargazer, the first and third book...don't bother, waste of time.

Oh yeah, Ang sweet ni Tucker...Christian wasn't in the picture that much kaya din Clara developed more feelings kay Tucker. I can't wait for the next book, ano kaya mangayayari now with Christian and Clara na alam na nila they are both Angels? And since she can't tell Christian's secret to Tucker malamang that will be grounds sa away nila. And his brother's wings, what happened kaya bakit it is sooo dark, what is he up to kaya?

@sticky-feet, yeah curse nga ang nag e-interrupt sa reading time natin. But what I'm doing right now is not naman a curse, it's a blessing and we've been waiting for it. Kaya okay lang na-interrupt yung flow ko sa reading. It's worth it.

@maysapaw, almost done...there's just a little bit here and there I need to straigthen first. Afterwhich, pwede na akong bumalik sa reading ko. :D

I'm really excited to start reading Kresley Coles IAD series..pareho tayo sticky-feet, I also need to start sa beginning kahit short story cya, don't wanna miss anything din it's the OC in me too. LOL :lol:

@mohcandy, thanks I'll add Sherry Thomas in my constantly growing TBR List. He he :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom