Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Chat/Discussion of books we've read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Re: Chat/Discussion of the book we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

Before din I look at the book cover, pag maganda I buy it tapos ang pangit pala ng story. Kaya ngayon I look for reviews muna...But paminsan minsan pa din, ginagawa ko padin. Habits...
:rolleyes: :blush:

@diokdin - haha! i read Evernight series out of boredom and curiosity. Ok lang naman, not a "wow" read pero i guess i'm looking forward to the next book also just because of curiosity.haha. :lol:

About Unearthly naman, na entice lang ako sa cover nya (i saw the other verion of the cover, yung naka red na gown..pretttyy :) ) kaya i read it. haha . Sa umpisa nabore ako. And then i realized why, kasi i didn't like Christian. The first scene where Clara met Tucker, nako.. i sooo wanted him to be "the guy". I started really loving the book when they started going out :yipee:. I hope sa next book there will be more info with regards black wings. Her brother's wings is a mystery to me as well.. hay,.. book 2 is months and months away pa, this is why sometimes i hate reading books which belongs to a series. super tagal for me ng pagaantay. hehehe.. i guess i don't have enough patience. :p

@yche, ako din binasa ko lang yung Evernight kasi wala akong ibang gustong basahin.. :lol:

Oh yeah...Book cover din ako, I like the dress sa girl. :lol: Tapos binasa ko din yung book description and it sounds interesting especially when I'm on a Fallen Angel phase....Me too, na bored din ako kay Christian, and he seems so superficial...but when Tucker was introduce sparks were flying. :lol: Pareho tayo sis when they started hanging out then going out kinikilig na ako. I love what he did when he rescue Clara sa prom when Christian ditch her for that whiny b*tch exgf of his!!! :ranting:

Intriga din talaga ako sa black wings na yan. Baka his brother is meeting some other black wings angels...maybe he is entice...Excited talaga ako for the next book, sana ma out na...Ang tagal pa naman...

@maysapaw i guess that's one of the reasons i like sherry thomas. She writes differently from other historical romance novelists. Her prose reminds me of those in the the literary genre. She hasn't been called the "most powerfully original historical romance author writing today" by lisa kleypas for nothing. Iba siyang sumulat. In order to enjoy her books you have to give it your complete attention otherwise nakakalito. :)

I'd like to add to my recommendations the first paranormal novels i'd read: Vampire series by Linda Lael MillerThe series started my love for paranormal. Though I got to say my favorite is still the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris

For young adults, I can't say enough good things about The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins
. I read the three books in ONE Night! I was sleepwalking at work the next morning. I haven't had a one-nighter like that since college. I also like the maze runner by james dashner. I can't wait for the final book in the trilogy.

These sci-fis reminded me of another great book I read a couple of years ago Little Brother by Cory Doctorow. I read this because of its great reviews from Niel Gaiman and Stephen King, other favorite authors. Other reasons to love Cory Doctorow: He gives his books for free as he's a staunch supporter of Creative Commons. Visit Http:\\www.craphound.com to get this book and his other books if you like.

That's it for now. Will add as I remember others.

Guys, you really have to read Timeless by Alexandra Monir.

I though it was just a typical time-travel romance thing. But it was so much more than that.

^Yeah I read a lot of people like it.... I'll add that in my TBR List too. :) Ang dami ko ng na add, wala pa akong nabasa... :(

^^ I loved Unearthly! I'm team Tucker all the way. :yipee: Medyo nakakainis kasi si Christian e. :slap:

Anyway, has anybody read Across the Universe by Beth Revis? Medyo mabagal takbo ng story sa umpisa pero grabe, ang astig! Ang ganda ng premise and... nakakaloka talaga.

@ayanamifareudo: I've had my eyes on Timeless long before. Ang ganda-ganda kasi ng nya cover e.

@diokdin - yeah! Christian is somewhat..cliche. I am soooo hoping na mas madaming Clara-Tucker scenes on the next book. I hope Christian doesn't ruin their happy picture. Sana hindi magcause ng conflict yung kapatid nya. But i guess, big part sya ng plot sa next book.

@ayanamifaerudo - uo maganda nga daw talaga yan :). Its next on my reading list,

dapat babasahin ko na yung Timeless last night.. kaya lang i just couldn't resist Everyone Loves a Hero by Marie Force.. grabe... It really is a greeeaaatt sweet book. Its my first time to really believe in Love at first sight. I love itttt! super nakaka in love and nakakakilig.. :excited:

@slayze - i read Across the Universe uhm.. 3 days ago ata.. and i must admit, the story is still fresh from my mind. Yung description ng ship nila and places inside the ship.. AWESOME :clap:. I always love an author who's good at descriptions, and this is definitely one of them. Nakakaloka yung reaction nila kay Amy. But as the story moved on, nagets ko na why they were like that. I just hope na sa next book, masolve yung issue ng landing nila.

across the universe = must read :)

@maysapaw i guess that's one of the reasons i like sherry thomas. She writes differently from other historical romance novelists. Her prose reminds me of those in the the literary genre. She hasn't been called the "most powerfully original historical romance author writing today" by lisa kleypas for nothing. Iba siyang sumulat. In order to enjoy her books you have to give it your complete attention otherwise nakakalito. :)

that must be it. i'm not a classic type reader :lol: it just puts me to sleep.

i guess my brain just wants to process everything straight forward. :D

I though it was just a typical time-travel romance thing. But it was so much more than that.

Na-dl ko na din to kasi I was intrigued by the cover and the blurb. ;)

Ooh, andaming YA recommendations! Nakakaloka! :thumbsup:

@ yche: Hee, I dl-ed Everyone Loves a Hero, thanks for the reco!

Last edited:

Okay I'm done reading Something About You by Julie James. Haven't read Practice Makes Perfect. But of the two Just the Sexiest Man Alive and Something About You, what I can say is this: I love the funny lines of Just the Sexiest Man Alive but I love the plot of Something About You may more action.

I feel like they're a tie to me. But if pagpipilian ako sa dalawa plot wise I go for Something About You, and I really2x love Collin. Best friend of the heroine, Cameron. But I love the "word fights" of Just the Sexiest Man Alive. I love it na palaging si Taylor have the last word then exits. But yung sa last part ng Something About You when Cameron said, "That's right, there's a new sheriff in town." I laugh so hard. I love that one. LOL! :lol:

Ok, ok...I guess sa two, I go with Something About You. Final answer. LOL :lol:

I'll read Practice Makes Perfect later, wanna jump and read Kresley Cole's books now. I'm starting to read during any free time I get kahit 5 minutes or 10 minutes lang yan sa The Warlord Wants Forever.

Last edited:

^ grabe talagang matindi ang analysis :lol:

better jump in the IAD wagon muna :D considering that book 9 (book 10 for some) will be out by Tuesday.

^LOL! :lol: Ini-internalize ko pa anoh :lol:

Yeah...gusto ko na talaga e-start itong series na to ang dami pa naman nito tapos malapit na next book. Marathon sana ako pag may more time...Oh well, basta I'll read it na. :)

hi there people, makikisali na rin ako ha....^^

if there's one series na I'd recommend (aside from the Hunger Games! since na-recommend na sya dito.) it'll be the Queen's Thief Series by Megan Whalen Turner...

at first i did not really think much about this YA series...and the story starts quite slow...dahil sa character and world build-up and explanations, but really when you get to the ending, it'll be soooo worth it na you stuck through to the end of the book.

and then from then on, I went on reading the 2nd up to the 4th book...Though i have to say na fave ko ang 3rd book (The King of Attolia)...really really is worth a try...And i love love love Eugenides, the bida of the story...this is a really smart and well-written series...^^

A nice break from the paranormal YA series na uso ngayon...so if you're looking for something else...why not try this?

Also Love Story by Erich Seagal, a novel that'll really tug at your heartstrings...para sa mga romantics out there...^^
i reread this recently, and OMG! iyak na naman ako...hehe...

Last edited:

i finished reading Timeless last night.. and oo nga.. it was sooo much more than a romance novel with a time travel twist :). I liked the history parts.. yung pagbalik nya sa mga naunang girls ng family nya..when i think about it, i wanna go back in time din para mameet yung mga taong nabuhay before my time.

I bet yung guy sa dulo na may ring na pw, descendant nalang ng walker family who happens to look like phillip.i'm glad na sa wakas naman, ka timeline na nya if ever yung magiging love interest nya :dance: (parang ang stressful kasi ng nangyari sa love story nila ni pw).. i really hope na sa next book, she gets to talk to her dad (wherever he is).:pray:

so ayun po.. TIMELESS = MUST READ :)

@ diokdin: Yey, you finished Julie's 2 books na! :thumbsup: Glad you liked them, I loved the part at the end of SBY where Jack said that they're all welcome them to their house :lol:.

@ maysapaw: Still reading No Rest for the Wicked, not yet halfway. I got a bit pissed at Kaderin in the beginning, I remember saying to myself that it would be better if she's unfeeling again cause she's just whiny. :upset: When Nix <3 had a prediction while talking to her, finally!

And, hehe, I sort of think that Sebastian's whipped. :lol:

Hopefully, there would be character growth :pray:. Love Regin as well pala!

Last edited:

^ see !!! im not the only one thinking sebastian is a "yes dear" kind of man :lol:

that's why im more of a bowen and garrett girl :lol:

im :pray:ing that someone will post the new book asap (as in between now and 6am tom :D)....i don't have work tom and it would be really great to spend the day reading the book.

puhlllleeeaaassseeee.

Last edited:

btw...over the weekend, i gave IAD book 4 a chance and reread it again (i read it before but sort of just skimmed the book lang, hehe). it is still not in the level of my favorite books but it is now quite okay :D

love love love Nix in book 4 :D

Last edited:

^ see !!! im not the only one thinking sebastian is a "yes dear" kind of man :lol:

that's why im more of a bowen and garrett girl :lol:

Andun pa lang ako sa part after Nix's prediction. It seemed like Sebastian's doing all the courting and chasing (although I did like the part where they were talking about whether they're in love with each other or not). And Kaderin's all, "I shouldn't be feeling this, leech, leech, blah blah." Na-bore na ko sa paulit-ulit niyang reklamo e.

Hopefully things would change for the better :lol:

Aaaand... I couldn't resist, binasa ko na lahat ng blurb ng available books, erm, parang di ko kilala yung mga main characters ah. I bet Furie's would be the last book. Gusto ko na basahin yung book ni Regin!!! :upset: I got intrigued with her and Aidan's history dito sa NRFTW e.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom